Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Re: Weather Forecasts.

Did anyone see the Welsh weatherman doing the BBC music on his drums during lockdown? I thought it was fabulous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBaJI0sLKw
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:50 PM

Torrential rain, thunder and lightning and bloody great big hail stones this morning with a bit of sleet thrown in for good measure. Weather forecast my arse.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
They were correct for the morning but it turned out to be a lovely sunny afternoon...
I agree Mags, I even went out without my coat.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Did anyone see the Welsh weatherman doing the BBC music on his drums during lockdown? I thought it was fabulous!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBaJI0sLKw
He used to do the weather on Look North. He learned the drums when he was a young lad apparently.
Jaded
South yorkshire
Jaded is male  Jaded has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 10:40 PM

I’d love to get the salary these people get for getting it wrong so much lol. Most jobs demand a higher level of accuracy in the outcome .
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2021, 11:36 PM

it's been lovely here all day, still a bit chilly but sunny
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 04:03 AM

I've been letting my poor garden dry up and shrivel counting on a forecast that has promised an 80% chance of precipitation for the last three days. A giant blob of showers has been sitting stubbornly in the gulf but never moved this way, as forecasted. Being a meteorologist here is a piece of cake, but they got it flatly wrong when the front settled into a stationary one.

Pixie That really was fabulous! There are some neat things that have come out of this lockup and that was definitely one of them. Much better than the weather girl stripping on the Russian news . My husband said he didn't need an English translation because he could tell whether or not it was cold outside by ....

Never mind. I am going off topic...
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jaded ->
I’d love to get the salary these people get for getting it wrong so much lol. Most jobs demand a higher level of accuracy in the outcome .
According to a documentary I watched on this very subject (can't remember the channel off hand) forecast accuracy these days is 5X more accurate than it was 50 years ago. Back then, they were lucky to forecast accurately 1 day in advance, now we get 5 day forecasts with guestimates of up to 15 days.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2021, 03:40 PM

Persistent rain and strong winds were forecast today....... and that is exactly what we’ve had. ☔️💨💦
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

20-05-2021, 08:50 PM

I've been thinking of getting one of these for the garden:

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather Stone.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	15564  

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top