Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 03:53 PM

Re: Irate Ireland

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Thanks for showing your lack of expertise. Insulin, not aspirin. I can put you safely back on ignore for a few months.
Do what you like

We have stock outs of insulin, epipen etc all the time, even now. My girlfriends a pharmacy dispenser and they always have stock outs of drugs. There are many reasons for it even though we are still in the EU.

The bullshit remain camp scaring people by telling them they wont have medicine if we leave with no deal is nothing more than heresy.

It's also deeply irresponsible and untrue.

Look at what happens to our supply chain from the EU when there is bad weather in the channel crossings etc - happens all the time, also industrial action, dust clouds, fuel strikes etc etc.

Stop being silly.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 06:16 PM

I'm sorry to confirm that statement:

The document insists they are “largely tried and tested mechanisms” already used with the likes of Norway and Switzerland – while admitting they are inferior.

The 155-page – which follows the leak of the*Operation Yellowhammerwarnings of*food, fuel and medicine shortages*– also states:

* There “may be reduced availability and choice” of some food products – although “there would be no overall shortage”.
* UK ferry companies will be required to provide extensive data in order to continue operating, such as “last 10 ports visited, special or additional security measures taken by the ship, crew list and passenger list”.

* It will take “up to five days” for adult social care providers to import products from the EU.

* Emergency supplies of chemicals may have to be imported to “purify the water supply”, if the industry’s contingency plans are insufficient.

* The biggest suppliers of insulin, life-saving treatment for diabetics, have capacity to stockpile 18 weeks’ worth of supplies.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9147476.html
Anyone who quotes Yellowhammer as tho' that is verbatim what is going to happen is a moron.

It's like listening to the Air Stewards on a flight that's about to take off telling you what to do in the event of an emergency and then panicking that the plane is due to crash.

Mongers!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Anyone who quotes Yellowhammer as tho' that is verbatim what is going to happen is a moron.

It's like listening to the Air Stewards on a flight that's about to take off telling you what to do in the event of an emergency and then panicking that the plane is due to crash.

Mongers!

Check out what Ian Duncan Smith said about yellowhammer its brilliant.

https://www.express.co.uk/videos/608...eport-says-IDS
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Today the DUP claimed that the Boris proposals for the Irish
so called backstop have flushed out the real motives for all the
Hoohaa over the irish border, which are to lock NI into being for
ever tied to SI and the EU? And reitterates that NI will never allow
this to happen?
Where to now?
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2019, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Where to now?
Regards Donkeyman!
Isn't it still not obvious? The irish issue will prevent the UK leaving the EU for years to come.
If you don't believe it, sketch in a few lines what you think how that problem will be resolved.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-10-2019, 07:16 PM

Isn't it still not obvious? The irish issue will prevent the UK leaving the EU for years to come.
If you don't believe it, sketch in a few lines what you think how that problem will be resolved.

It's not an issue. Never has been.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 06:33 AM

The Irish PM says it's unlikely that there will be enough time to sort out the backstop before 31st Oct.
They've had three bloody years to sort it out!!
It's all about money, not politics.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 07:14 AM

Hi

I think Varadkar wanted to use Brexit to get a United Ireland

Eire will be the EU Country hurt most by a Hard Brexit.

I have no time for the man at all.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think Varadkar wanted to use Brexit to get a United Ireland

Eire will be the EU Country hurt most by a Hard Brexit.

I have no time for the man at all.
Wouldn't surprise me if the next EU suggestion is "Britain can leave but only if NI becomes part of Eire"
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2019, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Wouldn't surprise me if the next EU suggestion is "Britain can leave but only if NI becomes part of Eire"
There is only one sensible answer to that: what do the people of NI think about that?

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top