Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:39 AM

Re: Age gap marriages.

I don’t like men being younger than me but that’s what l seem to get!

My ex partner was 9 years younger than me and l didn’t like that one bit but got used to it.

My current boyfriend is 2 years younger than me and l still don’t like it!

I prefer older than me men!!
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don’t like men being younger than me but that’s what l seem to get!

My ex partner was 9 years younger than me and l didn’t like that one bit but got used to it.

My current boyfriend is 2 years younger than me and l still don’t like it!

I prefer older than me men!!
Artie, I tried twice, each time the guy was 6 years older than me. I would have thought they would be wiser and more have more experience to rely on.
Boy, was I mistaken!

I'll take younger any day. They seem to appreciate what you do for them and with them much more than the older men. Older seems to assume you should be "the little woman" ......Geesh!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 06:20 PM

My husband us 2 and half years older than me, together 45 years married 44 years in July.

I dont think 10 years is too bad an age gap to work well but I do sometimes wonder what a 20 year old can have in common with a 60 year old. Nobody's business but their own I suppose but I do still wonder.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2021, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
My husband us 2 and half years older than me, together 45 years married 44 years in July.

I dont think 10 years is too bad an age gap to work well but I do sometimes wonder what a 20 year old can have in common with a 60 year old. Nobody's business but their own I suppose but I do still wonder.
The twenty year old exchanges youth for a secure monied lifestyle .
( As in what first attracted you to Mr Ecclestone or any other ancient billionaire )
Cant think of any other reason .
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 04:28 PM

I like being V's toyboy (I'm 9 months younger.)
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Artie, I tried twice, each time the guy was 6 years older than me. I would have thought they would be wiser and more have more experience to rely on.
Boy, was I mistaken!

I'll take younger any day. They seem to appreciate what you do for them and with them much more than the older men. Older seems to assume you should be "the little woman" ......Geesh!
I feel like l can boss young-un’s and hit them on the head like Fawlty hits Manuel
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 08:46 PM

Age means nothing and it is no one else's business if there is an age difference in couples.

When young I went out with a man who was 30 years my senior, he was a widowed farmer and a jockey and he was fitter than most men half his age with lots of personality.
He was also extremely attractive.

I married a man 16 years my senior, another man with a huge personality and very attractive. No one I have met since could match them for personality, other men have been pale imitations of the real thing.
I consider I have been very fortunate to have known 2 such remarkable men.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:04 PM

I agree with you Meg, if a couple love and respect each other and are happy together, age doesn't matter.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
Early days for us yet, but I’m 60 and my girlfriend is 40.
But you still look like you are in your 40's Ulla.
In relationships with age gaps I think the older one may have more experience of life but the younger one is more in touch with new ideas..... if they share their ideas & experience it can often be a good partnership!
TannieT
Queensland Australia
TannieT is female 

09-06-2021, 01:10 PM

It really depends on the people.
I worker for a couple that were 30 years age difference! They suited each other well. Unfortunately he diedearly 60s.
Me? I don't think i could go ore then 5 years either way. I went out with a bloke 10 year's older and it was just too big a gap.
I'm married to man 15 months younger. 24 years now.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top