Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:48 PM

Re: Men only. No women

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I am saying that if there is going to be equality between men and women, then by God, let's have true equality ie: no special exemption for women.
But they are not the same.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
And the technical details of this proclamation would be ironed out by someone else, presumably, Pauline.
Straight to the labour ward with you, I want to put the labour belt on you, so that you can experience the contractions a woman has to endure during labour....it may quieten you down a bit 😂🤣😮

Sorry bake off topic, slap my wrists!...😂😮
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->

Exactly....,a man is a man......a woman is a woman....woman don’t have the physical strength a man has....well ,maybe some have, but they are built like a brick.........e.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:59 PM

Women with thunder thighs should be able to fight.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
No one is saying men and women are the same.

The 2 men who have brought suit, are saying that to draft men and NOT women is discriminatory.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:11 PM

The main point I make is that when women are REQUIRED to have their lives disrupted and forced into positions they wound not otherwise choose, only then will they bear full responsibility.
Surely the civilised solution to this inequality is to stop the mandatory drafting of men, rather than force it onto women.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Exactly....,a man is a man......a woman is a woman....woman don’t have the physical strength a man has....well ,maybe some have, but they are built like a brick.........e.
Well, yes that too.
But I was thinking of the obvious difference with periods let alone of child bearing.
Certainly different.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

07-06-2021, 10:15 PM

No one is saying men and women are the same.
Of course not!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:29 PM

I agree with Bakerman.

Women have finally achieved equality with men in almost all respects, and so they should, respecting physical differences of course.

I don't know about America, but in the UK there are still glaring examples of women not being paid the same amount as men doing exactly the same job. This is something that must change or there really isn't any true equality of the sexes.

If and when we do have true sexual equality, then this must include what Bakerman is arguing for.

Of course, we don't have compulsory military recruitment, but if we did it would be perfectly logical (and in my opinion correct) for women to be included as well as men assuming, of course, that women were assigned to duties appropriate to their gender and physique.

What possible argument against that can there be?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 10:32 PM

They are paid the same, in Macy Dees, but not in the bored room, who gives a shite about that?????

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top