Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:36 PM

Re: A Thought for Tuesday...

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.

Voltaire....again..

Ah....but you have to come to the realisation that you are doing just that.

Bitterness is also another big destroyer...again you need to come to that realisation....not everyone does....I believe many die being bitter....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:40 PM

Mine is:

"...With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy"

~ Max Ehrmann (from the poem "Desiderata")
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:40 PM

Some people are just born angry, and spend the rest of their lives being angry Todger....

I believe life experiences can make you angry and bitter, many reasons why some become angry and bitter,one needs the proper tools to deal with both.

I don’t believe a new born baby is born “ angry”.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I believe life experiences can make you angry and bitter, one needs the proper tools to deal with both.
I read that as "power tools" Pauline, and had visions of drills and hammers to crash your way through the anger, haha!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I read that as "power tools" Pauline, and had visions of drills and hammers to crash your way through the anger, haha!

Hehehe...miss pixie..😂🤣
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:46 PM

Apart from the occasional jog up the lane, that's where those physical things stay Todger.....In my mind....

I was thinking more of dogs, horses, donkeys, cows etc.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 12:47 PM

Some people don’t even know they are angry, their in ignorance...talking from ones own experience. ( mine).....

We all come from different backgrounds....some born into deep, dark ignorance, try wading your way out of that...if that’s all you’d ever known.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 12:48 PM

Are you a deep thinker, OGF?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I believe life experiences can make you angry and bitter, many reasons why some become angry and bitter,one needs the proper tools to deal with both.

I don’t believe a new born baby is born “ angry”.
Don't know about born angry but I certainly don't hold with this nonsense about kids being born like a blank piece of paper. Kids inherit characteristics according to blood lines and race.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

08-06-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Don't know about born angry but I certainly don't hold with this nonsense about kids being born like a blank piece of paper. Kids inherit characteristics according to blood lines and race.

I can’t say what I want to say, re: new born babies.....because my faith will come into it..I left that outside the door, weeks ago, ..as it creates arguing....so I will leave it there.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top