Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 05:32 PM

Re: Rain...Rain...and more rain.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That’s great...because Bonnie Scotland is usually darn cold...even in the summer...I lived in Lossiemouth for a number of years...my mother was a Scottish Lass....broad as broad could be....never understood a word..😂🤣😅
Yes, Lossiemouth.........
Well, it isn't a bad place. Nice beaches. Rain? Much less than most of the west coast in both England and Scotland. And Fort William is really wet as a rule.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well, it isn't a bad place. Nice beaches. Rain? Much less than most of the west coast in both England and Scotland. And Fort William is really wet as a rule.
That is true, yes. Although I suppose there is always rain in some bit of Scotland on any given day! I agree though, we do have nice beaches
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 05:41 PM

Yes, rain in Lossiemouth and wind...sandy beach, 5 mins away from us...we lived in Rose Lane..much better weather here...never get a sun tan in Lossie..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes, rain in Lossiemouth and wind...sandy beach, 5 mins away from us...
Have you been back there at all, Pauline?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 05:48 PM

Never really been to Scotland much, apart from taking school kids to stay at, and visit places around Pitlochry. That and a couple of days out to Edinburgh and some otge borders towns when we rented cottages in Northumberland.

Keep meaning to try other places, but never got round to it.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-06-2021, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Never really been to Scotland much, apart from taking school kids to stay at, and visit places around Pitlochry. That and a couple of days out to Edinburgh and some otge borders towns when we rented cottages in Northumberland.

Keep meaning to try other places, but never got round to it.
Is it something you could do now, Dex? What did you think of Edinburgh...I would stay there myself if I could afford it!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Is it something you could do now, Dex? What did you think of Edinburgh...I would stay there myself if I could afford it!
Think I'd prefer somewhere out in the sticks. Have spent my life living in cities, so they don't really hold much appeal for more than a few hours to see historic landmarks.

Edit..just remembered I went to Mull for a weekend with some scuba divers, but don't remember much as it was a drunken haze. Other than the load of scallops which we ate (my mates picked loads of them from near powerlines which are naturally not dredged by trawlers).
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-06-2021, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Think I'd prefer somewhere out in the sticks. Have spent my life living in cities, so they don't really hold much appeal for more than a few hours to see historic landmarks.
I like both country & city...which is suppose is why I like the west coast. Edinburgh is similar with a decent mix of both too. I grew up in the sticks, more or less, and being so remote is not something I would welcome (now I'm older, anyway! )
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I lived there as a student for four years. Long time ago. I moved to England but I still went back and forth there for business reasons. Lovely city. And, like most cities in the East coast, they can be driech at times.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-06-2021, 06:37 PM

I lived there as a student for four years. Long time ago. I moved to England but I still went back and forth there for business reasons. Lovely city. And, like most cities in the East coast, they can be driech at times.
What a great word is "driech" isn't it?! I lived in England for a while, Besoeker, and it was nice. The UK in general is a lovely place, even though it does rain a lot. Apparently for people who emigrate to warmer climates, they always say they miss the rain so much!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top