Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
greg
nottingham-Derby Border
greg is male  greg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 02:59 PM

Re: Get a grip........

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
The digital revolution is lost on me too Robert, but for a different reason.

I think the whole portable communication/ interaction thing, (mobiles / tablets / iPads etc.), has gone too far and there no longer any respect for anyone with customers carrying on their all-important 'phone calls at checkouts, regardless of anyone else; people walking down the street in the early hours ringing up people regardless of the time and people in queues who simply do not talk to each other 'cos they're too engrossed with whatever they are doing with their mobile / tablet / iPad!

I see people driving, motor-cycling or just cycling clutching mobiles and if I get another shop assistant putting up his hand to stop me 'cos his precious mobile rings I will shove it where he'd least appreciate - sideways!

The capitalist world has become a disrespectful, thoughtless couldn't-care-less place and I'm being shunted out because my hearing loss excludes me.

The last laugh will be mine though when the news comes out that the world's becoming a much noisier; fact, and holding 'phones to your ears or using headphones for too many hours a day can damage your hearing, fact! stevmk2
ermmm,,motorcycling using a mobile phone?..

perhaps looking at the gps but having a crashelmet on means they wont be using a mobile phone im afraid.

car drivers and cyclists yes and pedestrians walking out in front of traffic(darwin awards),seems the law on that is ignored totally nowadays,ive seen one driver using it right behind a police car to no ill effect.

the general lack of respect goes much deeper than technology and has been apparent for a loong time now,just more noticable as theres a lot more people out there now.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2014, 03:11 PM

For me the rot set in years ago with compact video recorders. Me and Jenny were in Italy and yes one does take the odd `organised` trip. Well one chap only saw the Dolomites through the eye of a lens. It misses so much.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Last week i travelled by ferry to the Isle of Wight.

I was stunned to see just about everyone sat in the cafes & lounges busy with their computer gadgets.

Young kids, parents, grandparents, all twiddling away.

Worse still were businessmen talking ever so loudly to business associates.

I lead a sheltered life it seems. When did this transformation take place?

When did folks abandon talking to each other face to face, or stop to admire the view, or smell the roses.?

I think the LAW of unintended consequences is at work here as are many other aspects of life today.
Yep RJ, where ever you are, I agree, something is missing.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 10:54 PM

I bet when when the printing press was invented people complained about everyone with their nose in a book.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2020, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Yep RJ, where ever you are, I agree, something is missing.

Been trawling through the archives again Spitty?
None of these posters are even here anymore.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Last week i travelled by ferry to the Isle of Wight.

I was stunned to see just about everyone sat in the cafes & lounges busy with their computer gadgets.

Young kids, parents, grandparents, all twiddling away.

Worse still were businessmen talking ever so loudly to business associates.

I lead a sheltered life it seems. When did this transformation take place?

When did folks abandon talking to each other face to face, or stop to admire the view, or smell the roses.?

I think the LAW of unintended consequences is at work here as are many other aspects of life today.
Several years back Robert .
It’s horrible .
Whoops this is an ancient post .

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top