Join for free
Page 223 of 737 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 723 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I agree Besso.
My hubby looked at all mechanical parts.
It is the program that has gone.
They make things so complicated these days. It would cost as much to replace the programe. So I may as well buy a new one.
Maybe a different make????

Hmmm - Hubby sized ???
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 03:18 PM

I agree Besso.
My hubby looked at all mechanical parts.
It is the program that has gone.
They make things so complicated these days. It would cost as much to replace the programe. So I may as well buy a new one.
Maybe a different make????
Yes, possibly.The house we are planning to move into has a built in unit. I think it's a Bosch but the programmer in that isalso faulty. Maybe it's a weak point.

But a replacement part should't cost more than the entire machine. But they know they have you by the short and curlies.

Similar story with Mrs B's computer. It stopped working so we took it back to where we bought it. They have a repair centre and they seent it there. We got it back - can't be repaired. They hadn't even taken the cover off. The guy next door offered to have a look at it. One small component on the power supply had failed. My neighbour ordered a replacement - they come in a pack of five for a quid......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yes, possibly.The house we are planning to move into has a built in unit. I think it's a Bosch but the programmer in that isalso faulty. Maybe it's a weak point.

But a replacement part should't cost more than the entire machine. But they know they have you by the short and curlies.

Similar story with Mrs B's computer. It stopped working so we took it back to where we bought it. They have a repair centre and they seent it there. We got it back - can't be repaired. They hadn't even taken the cover off. The guy next door offered to have a look at it. One small component on the power supply had failed. My neighbour ordered a replacement - they come in a pack of five for a quid......
Oh my goodness what a story Besso.
I am glad she got it fixed.
Just goes to show how we all get ripped off these days.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 07:31 PM

Oh my goodness what a story Besso.
I am glad she got it fixed.
Just goes to show how we all get ripped off these days.
We weren't ripped off - we were lied to.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2019, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
We weren't ripped off - we were lied to.
Yes we should do a thread on that.
You can start one.
I bet there are many who have had similar experiences.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 05:42 AM

I got home [finally] put the tv on,made espresso and filled my pipe,sat down to watch Lethal Weapon [the one with Clayne Crawford]...and the adverts had to have their 4 minutes of bullshit,first. It IS bullshit...because as the voiceover is informing the viewer what a bargain they're missing out on,what a superb chance to grab a bargain this is....there's four lines of T's & C's at the bottom of the screen that's juuuuust that little bit too blurred-and removed from sight too quickly-to be accurately read by a viewer. ...and I find that stuff annoying. It's a LIE,not an advert.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 06:05 AM

Dunno about any weird lettering Pug. What grabs my attention is that you smoke a pipe. I haven't seen anyone with a pipe since they banned smoking in pubs.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 06:36 AM

Oh,it's genuinely not an affectation,Floydy. I began when I was still Serving with 45...it was a FAR more effective way of calming myself after a patrol in 'busy' arenas. Then when I became a civvie,I was driving artics across Europe-it was a great way to reduce stress at borders. As a lecturer,I was considered 'the old-fashioned one' and even got nicknamed 'Sherlock' by the more adroit and/or widely-read students. I have several artificial joints,ie; my left shoulder,right ulna,knuckes in both hands several others,which are the result of a rather loud bang in N.I. The damage done to me should have killed me,but instead,it brought on this bloody fibromyalgia-and on occasion the pain can be REALLY severe.
Ergo,to transfer my concentration,whilst playing chess on line,or writing equations regarding ...well...stuff that'd bore you,I gently chug my pipe.
It's honestly not a thing I realise I'm doing...I get a lot of comments...but as a distraction whilst you deeply cogitate,there is nothing better,mate.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2019, 06:44 AM

Mate, I've seen you around the forum but our paths don't really cross too often - maybe we frequent different sorts of threads. Who knows?
But you do sound like a very interesting chap. You sound like you've been around a lot in the Army and experienced many harrowing episodes.
I served myself but in the RAF. My stories are rather tame in comparison though.

Do you work nights or are you not in the UK? You appear to post more during the night (UK night time that is).
I'll be exploring your posts a little more from now on bud
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

21-02-2019, 12:09 PM

Keep missing Pugsy.
Very annoying as I miss him.

Page 223 of 737 « First < 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 723 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top