Join for free
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 08:14 PM

Safe travel in the middle of the pandemic - guaranteed!

Ha! Made ya look

If you could travel to any year in a time machine,

1. what year would you choose, and
2. why?
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 08:39 AM

Re: Safe travel in the middle of the pandemic - guaranteed!

[QUOTE=Minx;2125410]Ha! Made ya look

If you could travel to any year in a time machine,

1. what year would you choose, and
2. why? QUOTE]
Yes....cheeky....... and.. ..they are my answers ..+

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 08:57 AM

Hmm, so many options. The first I can think of, which would be personally interesting to me and my family, is the year 1901, because that was when the house we now live in was built and I would love to see it in its original state, no updates, and particularly to see the surrounding areas and how it fitted in then, without the hustle and bustle of today's traffic and all the newer housing crowding the area.

I've looked at maps of the area for that time, and it was so sparsely built on. Our road would have been a quiet country lane, coming to a dead end about 100 metres from our house. Now the road has been opened up and forms a junction at the bottom with another road that didn't exist back then. It's now a busy main road and bus route. I would love to have the chance to sit in my living room in 1901, seeing just open fields opposite, and the odd horse and cart going by or, more rarely, someone's shiny new motor car.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:02 AM

Not very exciting for some I know ...

I would travel back to last week in Cardigan Bay sitting on a boat with 5 awestruck grandchildren surrounded by Dolphins .
There are over 200 Dolphins around the bay and a number swam along side the boat including a mother and baby. It was just magical.

I would wear something warm it was freezing cold ...

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:37 AM

the year I was born so I could see myself seeing the outside world for the first time. Is that weird or what?
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Hmm, so many options. The first I can think of, which would be personally interesting to me and my family, is the year 1901, because that was when the house we now live in was built and I would love to see it in its original state, no updates, and particularly to see the surrounding areas and how it fitted in then, without the hustle and bustle of today's traffic and all the newer housing crowding the area.

I've looked at maps of the area for that time, and it was so sparsely built on. Our road would have been a quiet country lane, coming to a dead end about 100 metres from our house. Now the road has been opened up and forms a junction at the bottom with another road that didn't exist back then. It's now a busy main road and bus route. I would love to have the chance to sit in my living room in 1901, seeing just open fields opposite, and the odd horse and cart going by or, more rarely, someone's shiny new motor car.
Just got back from a wasted ooo no, it is another Saga..
House we live was 1801 built and I was just about to say ours also was 1901...
I would also love to have some History on it..It was farmland and animals ruled the house for sure.
Also enjoying the Thread,although I am struggling to put any particular moment down.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top