Join for free
Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 07:56 PM

Re: Abolition of Cash

What's cash?

I haven't used it for almost 4 months ..... do we still have those tiddly little silver coins?
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What's cash?

I haven't used it for almost 4 months ..... do we still have those tiddly little silver coins?
No Mags. Those silver 3 penny coins went out of curculation ages ago.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2020, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
No Mags. Those silver 3 penny coins went out of curculation ages ago.
now that's going back further than I was thinking, Emjay!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 05:43 AM

Cash was dying but Covid19 has just about finished it off. Even those rare places like family run restaurants that used to have (say) "Min $20 purchase" for a card have ripped them up.

Years ago I used to go to the hole in the wall several times a week but now I go less than once a month.

Funny thing is I have just under £800 in notes left over from a trip some years ago to the UK but because of the shut down of all overseas travel absolutely no one will change them to real money.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 07:44 AM

What's cash?

I haven't used it for almost 4 months .....
Yet Silver Tabby and Morticia seem adhere to that. I'm with you - I im mostly plastic.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 08:44 AM

I don’t think that the end of cash will be coming quite so soon. Why are they printing new notes so often.? Ah! When we say plastic, the new notes that are being produced are plastic.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

03-07-2020, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Yet Silver Tabby and Morticia seem adhere to that. I'm with you - I im mostly plastic.
What I meant was I haven’t been out of the house to spend anything in those 4 months. I prefer cash to cards when I’m able to shop for day to day things.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:41 AM

What I meant was I haven’t been out of the house to spend anything in those 4 months. I prefer cash to cards when I’m able to shop for day to day things.
Ah, OK.
I prefer to avoid shopping at all.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:46 AM

So do I, Mags.
Too easy to lose track of what I'm spending by card.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2020, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So do I, Mags.
Too easy to lose track of what I'm spending by card.
You just deduct the amount you spend (keep the receipt) from the the amount you have in the bank.

It is actually really easy maths.

BUT the best way is to use the banking app on your phone, the amount you spend appears within minutes/seconds and gives you the exact state of your finances in real time. Far easier than cash.

Page 4 of 16 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top