Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 10:58 AM

Re: Have You Got Your Heating On?

Yep. Had it on for an hour or so over the last couple of days.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 11:14 AM

Yes, switched it on last night, but a bit of a faff using the control. (A hand held device, that I am still learning.)
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 11:54 AM

Yes mine has been on a few times. It's on now as I type this.

If you have a heatwave in the middle of March you'd turn it off and if you have a cold spell at the end of August you'd turn it on.

I don't see what's with this certain times/dates to turn it on..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:06 PM

Mine is usually turned on in October because we don’t feel the need for it until then, Carol ..... it has nothing to do with turning it on at certain times every year, if we were cold we would turn it on.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have had the heating on three times this week as l have been so cold.
Heating on in August.... who’d have thought?

Am l the only one, or have you had to put your heating on too?
My system is fully automatic and turns itself on depending on conditions inside, but with triple glazing and maximum insulation, the heating system is usually either fully off or running with lowish temperatures. During extremely cold weather the night set-back occasionally calls for heat and during that exceptional weather the system runs up to mid range heat during the day period, but I've never know the radiators to run hotter than 55C, so I presume the house is of quite low energy demand since its complete refurbishment 5 yrs ago.

Edited for a PS ... I forgot to mention that both bathrooms and the G/F cloakroom are set to be the warmest rooms in the house and by warmest I mean 24C minimum .. we don't like cold bathrooms
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:32 PM

If l am cold, l will switch the heating on. Why should l be cold and feel miserable! There’s nothing worse than feeling cold.

I don’t care how much it costs as my motto is ...YOLO.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:41 PM

Another one here with auto central heating, it has an outside temperature monitor and works out the temps both outside and inside and decides when it needs to come on, it’s been on a couple of times over the last few days, still resisting putting the winter duvet on though..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 12:42 PM

Do you guys give no thought to the damage to the environment that especially gas powered heating causes? Seriously!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have had the heating on three times this week as l have been so cold.
Heating on in August.... who’d have thought?

Am l the only one, or have you had to put your heating on too?
I just lit another candle!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2020, 01:24 PM

I remember the old days in winter we used to gather round a 50 watt bulb...and if it was really cold we’d switch it on....

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top