Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 07:10 AM

Re: Dealing with boredom

My Grandma used to say that only boring people are ever bored.

Like many OFF members - I have lots of hobbies:-

Dress making - for which I draft my own patterns.
Jewellery designing and making
Designing and making greetings cards.
Writing poetry and short stories.
Currently working on a novel
Cooking

One reason why I am up at the crack of dawn is so I can do all the necessary household chores first thing - then have the rest of the day to play!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:55 AM

If at a loose end, and the dog is awake, I get her involved in play. She normally can’t resist a tennis ball and we often have scrums on the floor and lots of hugs, cuddles and kisses.

Or, I read a lot. Books, or on the iPad.
Take dog for a walk. If dry and not windy, we go to the upper park that overlooks the sea. If weather not too good, then just round the block.
Google something.
Go onto forums.
Catch up on my daily newspaper on the iPad. If iPad charging, I have to find something else to do.
Have a tidy up.
Go out in the car and browse shops in the retail park (usually Morrisons, Pets at Home, Home Bargains). Or pop to the town centre.
Phone someone...a sibling if we’ve not talked for awhile, someone from back in London, or another relative if I’m in the mood.
Text little sister, if she’s not working, or go round to see her.
Or have a little lie down.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:03 AM

I get bored especially in lockdown when I can't see pals. I'm looking for a project for winter....thinking of reupholstering some dining room chairs...I just have to find the right ones at the right price that fit in with my table. The table was a real find it was in three pieces when I found it in a junk shop...it deserves nice chairs.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm never bored, there's always something I can find to do.
I am with you Mags
...oh to have the time to be bored, there is always something to do and not enough time to do all the things I want to do each day.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:17 AM

I am at the gym every day that I can get there, generally 4 times a week and if I'm lucky 5 times. With the new regs up here meaning no households can mix indoors - anywhere - I could even go 7 times a week. At home I have access to as many books as I want on my Kindle and I have Netflix and Amazon Prime for TV and films. Good job too, as the rest of the TV available is crap. My PC fills in a lot of time as I stream stuff on it and have a lot of Steam games to play.

If I am utterly, utterly desperate I have a yard area that is just a weed patch and I haven't dug it over in 16 years since I moved into the place. I strim the growth down every so often but that's all I can be bothered to do with it. I hate gardening though, so I actually doubt I'd bother with it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:23 AM

Today, after dog walk, vacuuming and cleaning downstairs floors, shower and hair wash, I will be in the kitchen. I have a bolognaise sauce to cook, and I’d also like to make some cheese and tomato tarts.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Today, after dog walk, vacuuming and cleaning downstairs floors, shower and hair wash, I will be in the kitchen. I have a bolognaise sauce to cook, and I’d also like to make some cheese and tomato tarts.
Hmm, it must be ages since I did housework and I only use microwave meals or oven-ready meals. I never cook from scratch now because I live on my own and can't see the logic of spending longer cooking/preparing food that I would spend actually eating it.

I like the sound of your bolognese and tomato tarts though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:56 AM

I am another one who doesn't get bored.
I can get restless at not being able to do some of things I enjoyed, like my Yoga and other exercise classes, but that's not the same as boredom.

As long as we are reasonably able-bodied, there are always things to do if we have a mind to.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 09:58 AM

I'm never really bored, even when I'm doing nothing. Drilling holes sounds good though.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 10:01 AM

I do often get bored out of my tree.
Life is dull these days.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top