Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 04:39 PM

Re: Dealing with boredom

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Thanks Pesta not really poorly except for the hip accident, more of a precautionary visit it check out the arteries which all seem ok.
Glad arteries all ok... that's one worry less. As for your hip, guess you won't be tangoing any time soon eh?

You have just reminded me of this..

the Finnish word “kalsarikännit,” a term that the Finland Promotion Board defines as a noun that means “Getting drunk in your underwear, with no intention of going out.”

I am thinking of setting up a club for us on here

Just had to Google

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	kalsarikannit-700x525 (1).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	13809  
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Glad arteries all ok... that's one worry less. As for your hip, guess you won't be tangoing any time soon eh?

Just had to Google
No tangoing..no marathon or high jumping this week
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 05:06 PM

No tangoing..no marathon or high jumping this week

Tut. Bummer that. Perhaps next month, you can swing off the chandelier
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 05:49 PM

I try not to get bored as l feel lucky to still be alive to get bored!!

Vlad, l am sorry to hear of your health problems. You can now be excused from your heinous crime of leaving the toilet seat up!! Bending to lift the toilet seat must be painful at this time.
(Said seriously not in jest)
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I try not to get bored as l feel lucky to still be alive to get bored!!

Vlad, l am sorry to hear of your health problems. You can now be excused from your heinous crime of leaving the toilet seat up!! Bending to lift the toilet seat must be painful at this time.
(Said seriously not in jest)
My first genuine chuckle today, thanks I have invented a lifting and lowering technique with my crutches, noisy but effective it tells people in the vicinity that that the ’crash) indicates that the lid has been lowered.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2020, 08:44 PM

My first genuine chuckle today, thanks I have invented a lifting and lowering technique with my crutches, noisy but effective it tells people in the vicinity that that the ’crash) indicates that the lid has been lowered.
Have you not moved into the 21st century man? Soft close toilet seats are the way to go. Just don't attempt to sit on it before it has fully lowered.... can be disastrous if you know what I mean.

Vlad
West Midlands UK

30-09-2020, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Have you not moved into the 21st century man? Soft close toilet seats are the way to go. Just don't attempt to sit on it before it has fully lowered.... can be disastrous if you know what I mean.

Soft close in the upstairs bog, and I do know what you mean..it’s dark...you are in a hurry to drop a load ..you dash/hobble to the toilet ..having left the seat up on a previous visit you flick it down..hurriedly sit on the slowly closing seat...the pain from the family jewels being crushed is excruciating..
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 05:48 PM

If you were really bored, and have a bicycle, you could cycle all the way round the world, on the equator.

That would amount to 360 degrees x 60 (nautical miles to a degree) = 21,600 Nautical Miles.

If you are bored enough, to want to do that, take some wellies! It might be a bit damp!

Nods off!

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

Why do folks always look for the soft option?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 10:45 PM

Boredom. Yup .... I get chronically bored these days.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top