Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 07:31 AM

Re: Japanese Car Syndrome - You Won't Remember!

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I remember when I lived at home, the guy next door swore he would never buy a Japanese car, but after problems with his Austin rover s**box, he bought a datsun, found out years later he was a pow in a Japanese camp, which probably explains why he used to chase his wife round the garden with an axe..!!
What! in the Datsun?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
What! in the Datsun?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Aston Martin are not British owned and have not been for some years.

They use Mercedes engines.
Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc is a British independent manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers.

That OK for you?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings plc is a British independent manufacturer of luxury sports cars and grand tourers.

That OK for you?
Hi

Nope., owned by foreign companies

We note that hedge funds don’t have a meaningful investment in Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings. The company’s largest shareholder is InvestIndustrial, with ownership of 27%, The second largest shareholder with 9.8%, is Najeeb Al Humaidhi, followed by Invesco Ltd., with an ownership of 9.1%.

In March this year things changed

NEWS
by Mark Tisshaw
3 mins read
30 March 2020

Aston Martin claims it now has the funding to last at least the next 12 months as part of a new investment into the company that will also result in it entering a works Formula 1 team in 2021.

In a series of announcements this evening (30 March), Aston Martin has now formally confirmed that Racing Point F1 team owner Lawrence Stroll will take over as executive chairman on 20 April. A rights issue has raised £536 million and a further £150m will be made available to the company.

That investment will allow Aston to put the DBX SUV into production imminently after the new St Athan facility returns to operation after its Covid-19-enforced shutdown last week, subject to any delays in the production chain. The first customer deliveries are planned this summer, should the supply chain function as anticipated.

Italian private-equity firm Investindustrial Advisors Ltd disclosed a stake of 14.99% in Aston Martin as of May 29, compared with its previous stake of 19.92%. It was not immediately clear why the fund cut its stake.

Investindustrial is the company's second-biggest shareholder after Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll, according to Refinitiv Eikon data.

Bentley, Rolls and Aston manufacture here, they are not British, they are all foreign owned.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Nope., owned by foreign companies

We note that hedge funds don’t have a meaningful investment in Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings. The company’s largest shareholder is InvestIndustrial, with ownership of 27%, The second largest shareholder with 9.8%, is Najeeb Al Humaidhi, followed by Invesco Ltd., with an ownership of 9.1%.

In March this year things changed

NEWS
by Mark Tisshaw
3 mins read
30 March 2020

Aston Martin claims it now has the funding to last at least the next 12 months as part of a new investment into the company that will also result in it entering a works Formula 1 team in 2021.

In a series of announcements this evening (30 March), Aston Martin has now formally confirmed that Racing Point F1 team owner Lawrence Stroll will take over as executive chairman on 20 April. A rights issue has raised £536 million and a further £150m will be made available to the company.

That investment will allow Aston to put the DBX SUV into production imminently after the new St Athan facility returns to operation after its Covid-19-enforced shutdown last week, subject to any delays in the production chain. The first customer deliveries are planned this summer, should the supply chain function as anticipated.

Italian private-equity firm Investindustrial Advisors Ltd disclosed a stake of 14.99% in Aston Martin as of May 29, compared with its previous stake of 19.92%. It was not immediately clear why the fund cut its stake.

Investindustrial is the company's second-biggest shareholder after Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll, according to Refinitiv Eikon data.

Bentley, Rolls and Aston manufacture here, they are not British, they are all foreign owned.

British independent manufacturer
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

03-10-2020, 03:03 PM

"Aston Martin Lagonda Limited, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 0DB, United Kingdom"
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 04:02 PM

My first encounter with a Japanese car was that of a college friend. He had a 1975 Toyota Corolla. At night all the dashboard lit up like Blackpool illuminations. There were so many lights, switches and dials I remember asking him if he needed a pilot's licence to drive the car
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
My first encounter with a Japanese car was that of a college friend. He had a 1975 Toyota Corolla. At night all the dashboard lit up like Blackpool illuminations. There were so many lights, switches and dials I remember asking him if he needed a pilot's licence to drive the car
I wonder if they'll have to cut down on the dashboard electricity usage, PV, now that all the cars are moving towards being electric?

My Grandson had to recharge three quarters of the way North to Old Trafford.

Probably had to turn it all off to get home in the dark!

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I wonder if they'll have to cut down on the dashboard electricity usage, PV, now that all the cars are moving towards being electric?

My Grandson had to recharge three quarters of the way North to Old Trafford.

Probably had to turn it all off to get home in the dark!

You can bet they're all be using ultralow wattage LED bulbs for warning and courtesy lights these days Ted. Back in the day, dashboard lights were 3 and 5 watts I think.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2020, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
"Aston Martin Lagonda Limited, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwick, CV35 0DB, United Kingdom"
Company structures and identities are complicated nowadays. Aston Martin Lagonda shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange, that makes the company British, as far as I'm concerned.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top