Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 10:27 AM

Re: Japanese Car Syndrome - You Won't Remember!

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
So what? Who said there was anything wrong with changing gear? the cars could not maintain their speed up a hill no matter what gear they were in.
Once again so what? Speed is not the criteria, at least not for a sensible driver.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
So what? Who said there was anything wrong with changing gear? the cars could not maintain their speed up a hill no matter what gear they were in.

I honestly don't think I've ever had that problem Bruce, not with any car.
The only time I will slow down on a hill or when first pulling away from stationary, is if I am in the wrong gear.
If the gear is right, there should be no problem whatsoever.
So not quite sure why you had difficulty with your brand new rented cars.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2020, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well my next car is going to be a VW. I'll be placing the order on Monday. I like the Merc but I find the seats uncomfortable.
Well replacement car now on order, delivery quoted five to eight weeks after funds transferred to dealers bank. Coming from an overseas bank so that'll add about a further week but I'm in no rush.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top