Join for free
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 08:53 PM

Re: New House New Project

Oooh Summer, I'm SO jealous. Love the look and shape of the sitting room!

What year is it? Town or country? How many floors? How long do you think it will take to complete once work is started?

(Yes I'm nosy but incredibly interested in anything 'house-moving-and-house-doing-upping' )

I'm all excited for you and I can't wait to see all the other rooms and garden, whether before or after ones.
No pressure though
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:12 PM

It looks like you have some exciting possibilities, Summer! Wise woman to redo that kitchen with that electricity situation.

Looking forward to the updates!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:31 PM

Wow! What an interesting house. I love the curved walls and there's even a curved door no less. It will be a labour of love but will be well worth it in the end.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:54 PM

What a beautiful sitting room, Summer, love the steps and the shape of the windows. No wonder you fell in love!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 09:58 PM

Btw Summer, if you need to buy curved skirting for your curved living room, your best bet is B&Q, I have never found a straight piece of wood in there since it opened in 1969.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Btw Summer, if you need to buy curved skirting for your curved living room, your best bet is B&Q, I have never found a straight piece of wood in there since it opened in 1969.

Hah. So it's not just my local branch then?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Bleedin hell ... I hope you mean evidence of old and treated woodworm and not untreated.
Even treated can have significantly weakened the roof structural strength .. I know these things having lived in an old converted barn (pig sty actually and that's the truth).

I was told that that if you can fit your fingernail in a crack in a wall it's getting serious. If you can fit the end of your finger tip in..wear a hard hat.

Best of luck.

Morti, that reminded me of when I had a subsidence problem here.
One crack got so bad I could see next door's fence through it!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

22-01-2021, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hah. So it's not just my local branch then?
Definitely not.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

How true is that...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2021, 10:38 PM

Lots of potential there Summer I just wouldn't want the work these days you are brave to take it on.

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top