Join for free
Page 34 of 57 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 04:45 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

I must say I'm with Vlad on this one. Omah leaves out one of the most important statistics which is deaths.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
I must say I'm with Vlad on this one. Omah leaves out one of the most important statistics which is deaths.
In the current UK "wave", deaths are of least importance - infections and hospitalisations rank greater.

If you have a morbid interest in the UK COVID death rate then follow the provided link and your curiosity will be satisfied.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
In the current UK "wave", deaths are of least importance - infections and hospitalisations rank greater.

If you have a morbid interest in the UK COVID death rate then follow the provided link and your curiosity will be satisfied.
Tell that to the relatives and loved ones of the dead.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
He does like his big numbers :lol it’s going to ruin his day when they keep dropping.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 04:10 PM

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

A further 10,633 confirmed cases in the UK were announced by the government on Monday.

That figure takes us back to February 19.

For the morbidly fascinated, on that day, there were 381 recorded deaths - today, with a similar number of cases, there were 5 deaths.
Vlad
West Midlands UK

21-06-2021, 04:18 PM

And only 5 deaths so the infection rate is meaningless
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 08:30 PM

It appears that vaccines might be having a good effect, although the new cases all seem to be the younger end of the scale, and they haven't been vaccinated yet.

My granddaughter who is at university in Newcastle has tested positive for covid, after having a more accurate test at the hospital it was confirmed.. She had a couple of days of discomfort but has now recovered with no after effects. It was believed she caught it from her boyfriend who also tested positive. Both have now recovered but are continuing their 10 days of quarantine. Neither of them had have the vaccine.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

22-06-2021, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It appears that vaccines might be having a good effect, although the new cases all seem to be the younger end of the scale, and they haven't been vaccinated yet.

My granddaughter who is at university in Newcastle has tested positive for covid, after having a more accurate test at the hospital it was confirmed.. She had a couple of days of discomfort but has now recovered with no after effects. It was believed she caught it from her boyfriend who also tested positive. Both have now recovered but are continuing their 10 days of quarantine. Neither of them had have the vaccine.
Sadly, the young are now bearing the brunt of the pandemic scourge but their youthful resilience is their best defence against the ill-effects of (and death from) the virus so I'm glad that your granddaughter and her boyfriend have recovered.

AFAIK, vaccination is now available, on request, to anyone over 18 and "pop-up" centres have proved extremely popular among the young. Hopefully, before Autumn, we shall see infection numbers return to the bottom end of the scale.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Sadly, the young are now bearing the brunt of the pandemic scourge but their youthful resilience is their best defence against the ill-effects of (and death from) the virus so I'm glad that your granddaughter and her boyfriend have recovered.

AFAIK, vaccination is now available, on request, to anyone over 18 and "pop-up" centres have proved extremely popular among the young. Hopefully, before Autumn, we shall see infection numbers return to the bottom end of the scale.
Thanks Omah...
I hope that between the vaccines and natural immunity we won't see the amount of deaths and hospitalisations this winter that we saw last year.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:13 AM

Hi

It is here, we are not going to get rid of it.

Now we have got vaccines and better medical treatment, to my mind it would be cheaper and better for all to spend more on the NHS to cope with Covid and the backlog than continue restrictions which are costing us far more.

Page 34 of 57 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top