Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 06:09 PM

Re: Replacing a kitchen light fitting

You could always go for this kind of thing...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elfeland-Sp...519160&sr=8-27

Put some GU10 LED spotlights (around 5W should do) and you can direct any light into the corners of your kitchen or highlight a particular area.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 06:17 PM

Getting there aren’t we? Thanks
So many to choose from now.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Mine’s what I call a square kitchen ,not big but the central light fitting ,cord and LED bulb with globe shape opaque shade simply isn’t throwing enough light out onto working surfaces and corners .
Added to this I can’t do ceiling lights ,not my property .
Any suggestions welcome with pics if you can .
I do detest LED bulbs !
What exactly do you mean mean by "fittings"?
We have very bright fittings in our living room/kitchen. My dear wife likes that for her painting. And they are LEDs so I don't know why you have a problem with that. They are 15W daylight, 6500K.

This is what we have but you may opt to have just a ceiling rose with no pendant.

Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 07:01 PM

Thankyou . I think with an LED bulb encased in an opaque glass shade I’m not getting light onto worksurfaces .
Your chandelier looks very nice but not really appropriate for my kitchen .
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Thankyou . I think with an LED bulb encased in an opaque glass shade I’m not getting light onto worksurfaces .
Your chandelier looks very nice but not really appropriate for my kitchen .
Yes, I agree. It was just to show the available light. This is more appropriate:

Zuleika
North West UK

23-03-2021, 08:38 PM

Yes indeed . I wonder what the most powerful bulb you can put in it is ?
Immy lounge I have light fitting that looks like a spaceship set flush to the ceiling ,very pretty but the light it gives off is a yellowy one .Horrid ! Consequently I never use it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 09:46 PM

I don't know why you don't like LED's Zuleika....
If it's light you want in your kitchen you need to put at least 1000 lumens in your fitting, the largest I use are around 1350 lumens, and they will give you a sun tan.... They don't get hot (well, not all that hot) and only use about 20 watts.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
If it's light you want in your kitchen you need to put at least 1000 lumens in your fitting, the largest I use are around 1350 lumens, and they will give you a sun tan.... They don't get hot (well, not all that hot) and only use about 20 watts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 10:36 PM

Took the colour out of my wallpaper Pixie.....I kid you not...
Zuleika
North West UK

23-03-2021, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
As I keep saying OGF the bulb hanging from the wire coming out of the ceiling is encased in an opaque glass shade and doesn’t give light onto working surfaces around the sides of the kitchen .
If you look at the pics posted it’s looking like one of those track fittings with spotlights on are the way to go .
Lots of people don’t like LED btw . 😉

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top