Join for free
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:35 PM

Re: Has the Brexit subforum had it's day?

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Here we go again it seems?
I have been dealing with the so called interlopers for at least four
years now Zaphod, and in that time we have never resorted
to what has recently been going on in these columns to the extent
it has !!
I am sure the moderators are quite able to make any decisions
regarding the conduct of the forum without any prompting from
the contributors to the debates, ( such as they are?)
Imo, the threads will die a natural death when when one and all get
truly pissed off??
Let the free market prevail !!!
I agree.

I shall continue to visit Brexit threads as long as there are problems to be addressed with Brexit, or BRINO as I often put it.

I visit whenever I see new posts being made on the subject, as this is as good a place as any in which to learn of developments, especially if posts include evidence found in the public arena.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Nobody I've seen has tried to shut down debate DM.
Unless of course you're referring to the other poster I mentioned?
Or don't you understand what a question is, because that is what the OP is all about?

That might be true for now, but:

1 The ratification was only a few days ago. Officially Brexit is done & dusted and what's left is just (in effect) crossing the t's and dotting the i's.

2 If a certain contributor didn't post multiple times in every possible thread and if myself and others didn't need to correct the errors they post, the flurry would instead have been a slow trickle.

IMHO this subforum risks being about as relevant as a dedicated thread on Tony Blair or the Falklands war.
Outdated and of little relevance to today.

But you will note I said "risks being"; not "is".
The longer it continues the more that risk becomes reality IMHO.
There's a "politics" thread elsewhere that is probably well-suited for whatever happens from this point forwards.

Of course, if you'd rather see the thread continue as is and again become dominated by interlopers set only on disruption you only have to say - but there are other regular contributors here besides yourself and their wishes deserve equal consideration.
Which is why I asked the question originally in the opening post.
Haven't you been listening to boris? How can the ratification of the TCA by the EU parliament be "the final step" in the brexit process, when he at the same time wants to renegotiate the WA?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Haven't you been listening to boris? How can the ratification of the TCA by the EU parliament be "the final step" in the brexit process, when he at the same time wants to renegotiate the WA?
WTF has that got to do with my post?
As said: your lot ratified the deal - despite threats that because of what you're wittering on about they would refuse to do so BTW.

Am I to take your ongoing tactics as as a tacit refusal to reform from your ways and become a more-reasonable participant in these forums?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
WTF has that got to do with my post?
As said: your lot ratified the deal - despite threats that because of what you're wittering on about they would refuse to do so BTW.

Am I to take your ongoing tactics as as a tacit refusal to reform from your ways and become a more-reasonable participant in these forums?
Remember this?

January 2020: UK and EU ratify and sign the WA of which the Protocol on NI is part. the WA explicitly states that the Protocol on NI has to be implemented by the end of the transition period i.e. 31 December 2020.

31 January 2020: The WA enters into force.

A few weeks later: Johnson triggers article 16 to unilaterally and permanently overwrite the Protocol on NI with his Internal Market Bill, something he only backed down from much later after the EU initiated legal proceedings.

Are you asking whether I still think brexit a stupid thing to do?
I do not mean that brexiters are generally stupid; I mean, that stupid persons are generally brexiters.
Free after John Stuart Mill's quote.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 03:22 PM

Remember this?
No because you are deliberately misinterpreting events.
AGAIN.

AND AGAIN you stray off-topic AND still refuse to reply:

You do realise that your continued actions and your refusal to engage when I've asked so reasonably amount to an admission that you're trolling do you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 04:25 PM

Remember this?

January 2020: UK and EU ratify and sign the WA of which the Protocol on NI is part. the WA explicitly states that the Protocol on NI has to be implemented by the end of the transition period i.e. 31 December 2020.

31 January 2020: The WA enters into force.

A few weeks later: Johnson triggers article 16 to unilaterally and permanently overwrite the Protocol on NI with his Internal Market Bill, something he only backed down from much later after the EU initiated legal proceedings.

Are you asking whether I still think brexit a stupid thing to do?
I do not mean that brexiters are generally stupid; I mean, that stupid persons are generally brexiters.
Free after John Stuart Mill's quote.

The internal market bill is a UK bill.

Just saying like
Zaphod
Lincs UK

29-04-2021, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Yes, why try to shut down debate ?
Even if everybody disagrees with you ??
It is obvious to me that the subject still has some life left in it as
witnessed by the recent flurry of activity on here !!

Donkeyman! 👍👍
I know I've answered this once already, but you know what?
You can see for yourself from now on just who "tries to shut down debate" in this part of the forum when it resorts to the same poster insisting upon the last word in every single thread.
I've got better things to do with my life than counter spurious & off-topic posts if as you say nobody else is bothered (and no that's not a "flounce" but a simple statement of fact) so I will leave you to enjoy it.

No poking the bear please or you will get a short sharp "troll" response.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

29-04-2021, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
The internal market bill is a UK bill.

Just saying like
Irrelevant to the point under discussion, but true. So?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 07:42 PM

Irrelevant to the point under discussion, but true. So?

Your not making any sense

Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 12 13 14

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top