Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 03:37 PM

Re: Prince Harry's army career.

I read earlier that William and Harry would not be walking together at the funeral procession. That speaks volumes.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 04:15 PM

When you leave duty in the US, you really aren't supposed to wear you uniform after leaving military service, even if you retired. My OH fought in two wars and had a distinguished military career, but wearing his uniform to any event is against protocol.

George Washington famously wore a brown suit at his first inauguration as president to symbolize his transition from being a military general to being an civilian and a civil public servant.

I think that is a very good policy.

Harry is just another citizen as far as I understand it, but regardless of tradition, as usual, the Queen (though possibly under advisement) handled this very, very well.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm with you on this Carol, apparently both he and Andrew could have worn the uniform of the last rank they attained whilst in the forces, Harry as a Captain and Andrew as a Commander, but not the uniform of their ceremonial ranks, so I don't know why this wasn't allowed.

Having said that, if that wasn't to be allowed for some reason I think it shameful that the whole theme of the funeral in remembrance of such a military man should be sullied by kowtowing to such a pair of characters who have brought nothing but pain and shame to the whole Royal Family. Disbloodygraceful ..
I agree. Better to have simply not invited those two. They could wear what the hell they like then... in their own homes!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Don't know why they don't just cremate Phillip.
They could give him a humanist funeral!
(Sorry if I'm relating this to another particular thread!)
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 04:46 PM

Thank the Lord that jumped up idiot, Andrew can never be King. What a self-centred tyrant he would be.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:42 PM

You all have got it wrong!
Meghan is calling the shots here!
They’re all wearing suits!
Get it? Suits - the American series she acted in
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
You all have got it wrong!
Meghan is calling the shots here!
They’re all wearing suits!
Get it? Suits - the American series she acted in
Brilliant, Minx!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
Harry won his right by insisting that he went on the frontline.

This is not about him, it is about Andrew who insisted on wearing his full Admirals uniform even when he has had to step down from Public Duties.

Queenie has been very clever about this.
That has been my understanding too.

Despite what others say Prince Harry has every right to attend his grandfathers funeral no matter what anyone thinks about, his family, him and his wife.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 09:00 AM

I do t think that anyone has said he doesn’t have the right to attend his grandfathers funeral although I must say I would not like to be in his shoes . He is on his own and she who makes the bullets is on the other side of the pond .
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Prince Harry served in the Army for ten years, rising to the rank of Captain and undertaking two tours of Afghanistan.

Why then has he been stripped of the right to wear a military uniform at his grandfathers funeral?
He did sign up to this, when he joined the army:-

"I... swear by Almighty God (do solemnly, and truly declare and affirm) that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the (admirals / generals/ air officers) and officers set over me. (So help me God.)"

Not sure if he has kept his promise!

If he hasn't, why would he be allowed to wear the uniform?

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top