Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:18 AM

Pillows

Why are pillows so hard these days.
I needed a new one and the replacement classed as 'medium' arrived and was as hard as a rock so I gave it to my DIL.

A second pillow arrived, still too hard so I unpicked the seam and removed some of the filling ...ah perfection

Am I alone on liking a soft pillow (microfiber I can't have feathers) .
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:29 AM

Re: Pillows

Strangely enough I was only this morning thinking it's time for new pillows . I love soft and I will go and buy from the shop when I can . I wont buy online as I'm very fussy . I did once have feather pillows but the little spikes came through into my head!

Not sure which to buy next time any suggestions. Does microfiber separate causing a dent ?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Why are pillows so hard these days.
I needed a new one and the replacement classed as 'medium' arrived and was as hard as a rock so I gave it to my DIL.

A second pillow arrived, still too hard so I unpicked the seam and removed some of the filling ...ah perfection

Am I alone on liking a soft pillow (microfiber I can't have feathers) .

Hah, that's exactly what I had to do as well, Meg.

My new one is a 'Down' one though as with the feather ones I always used to find the quills stuck in me, even with a pillow liner on.

I am pleased with this one now, I could mould it about and get it just how I want it now.

The only other thing I don't like about a lot of pillows now, is they make my head hot. I'll have to see how it goes this summer when it's a lot warmer.

My dustbin looked like I'd murdered something with all the feathers floating about.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 10:38 AM

The pillows do flatten out with use, but I can see how they would be annoying when they are new. I used to sleep with no pillows when I was younger, in the belief that it was better for your spine and general health, but now I like a large squishy one that I can just sink into. Comfort counts these days!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:18 PM

Hi

Never bothered with pillows really until earlier this year after Covid.

I now have 3 firm ones which help my breathing.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 12:34 PM

Don't like feather/down pillows, they smell. I use a shaped memory-foam type pillow to support my head.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Don't like feather/down pillows, they smell. I use a shaped memory-foam type pillow to support my head.

Must be your 'ead then Judsy, cos mine don't smell.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Must be your 'ead then Judsy, cos mine don't smell.
Haha sweaty vinegar 'ead
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-04-2021, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Haha sweaty vinegar 'ead
That's it Queenie, and all those burps and ear wax etc don't help.
And I dread to think what it's like when he has a cold. Yet he still blames the pillow!

(psst . . I've heard he dribbles too).

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2021, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I have one of those too. I bought it because it was supposed to stop you snoring fat chance of that according to V. No, it hasn't stopped me from snoring and I still get poked in the ribs and told to turn over.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top