Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:27 PM

A Little Tip For The Cleaner In Your House..

To remove burnt on stains on the inside of your oven door, use Cif kitchen cleaner and scrunched up aluminium foil to remove it.

For me it worked like a miracle on my oven door. I used the power and shine spray version of Cif. I’m not sure if l was meant to use the original cream Cif?

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section but l wanted to tell everyone what a good tip it is.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:47 PM

Re: A Little Tip For The Cleaner In Your House..

Art I use Jiff/Cif cream on my oven door after removing the glass and laying it on a tea towel.

I haven't tried tin foil does it leave scratches....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Art I use Jiff/Cif cream on my oven door after removing the glass and laying it on a tea towel.

I haven't tried tin foil does it leave scratches....
Meg, Thank You for moving this thread to the correct section.

I have just had to check the inside glass of my oven door and there’s no scratches. I must say, l never thought of that but luckily it’s fine.
I cleaned the glass whilst in situ. I would be too scared to take it out, in case l dropped it!

Maybe, if anyone tries this method, they should do a test area first to see if it scratches.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
To remove burnt on stains on the inside of your oven door, use Cif kitchen cleaner and scrunched up aluminium foil to remove it.

For me it worked like a miracle on my oven door. I used the power and shine spray version of Cif. I’m not sure if l was meant to use the original cream Cif?

Apologies if this thread is in the wrong section but l wanted to tell everyone what a good tip it is.

Use Bar Keepers Friend....far better than Cif...I use that on my bath....but cif is good....

I don’t think there is a product on the market that I haven’t tried,
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, Thank You for moving this thread to the correct section.

I have just had to check the inside glass of my oven door and there’s no scratches. I must say, l never thought of that but luckily it’s fine.
I cleaned the glass whilst in situ. I would be too scared to take it out, in case l dropped it!

Maybe, if anyone tries this method, they should do a test area first to see if it scratches.
Art I have to take the glass out in order to clean inside the cavity on my badly designed cooker door.
I dropped the glass not long ago and it smashed into a million pieces on the tiles and cost £75 to replace
I now put a dog cushion on the floor under the door when replacing the glass in case it slips through my fingers again.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:17 PM

Hi

I have a good cleaner.

She is called Sabina.

I am clean and tidy, but do not have the woman's touch.

£25 a week and everything done.

We have been together for years now, the Mother of the Pretendies and we help each other out.

It works for me and she irons as well.

She is genuinely lovely, same age as my daughter.

I handle the nasty bits, like her Ex. and the day to day stuff.

It works for us both.

She is determined to find me a new lady, but has been spectacularly unsuccessful so far.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:20 PM

Hi

Tin foil works with the right chemicals and dose not leave a mark.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2021, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the tip Art.

I use Oven Pride on my oven including the door. It works well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2021, 11:47 PM

My oven glass door was so stained, l couldn’t see the food cooking on the shelves!

Today, as it was raining l had the blitz on my kitchen. I have a 2ft square glass splashback over the gas hob and it was a bit marked and greasy.
It was far too big to fit it in my sink and l didn’t want the grease going down the drain, so l decided to put it on the lawn and clean it!
This l did in the wind and rain! I poured a kettle of boiling water on each side and cleaned it with the Cif then l stood it up and poured more boiling water on it.

I took it inside and laid it on top of my freezer and dried it. I was paranoid that l might slip or fall down the back step with it but luckily all went well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-05-2021, 11:52 PM

Pauline and Carol, I have never heard of ‘Bar Keepers Friend’ or ‘Oven Pride’.
I only know the usual kitchen cleaners!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top