Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

05-05-2021, 06:24 AM

Withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...CMP=GTAU_email

an interesting article written by an Afghani Phd student living in Australia. I am sure many of us have followed the ins and outs of the wars in Afghanistan from perhaps as far back as the Russians who left with their tails between their legs and now the Yanks and Ozzies. The remaining Afghnistanis fear that they will be unable to match the Taliban and its intended plans for the future of Afghanistan.

Some just want foreign forces to remain - my thoughts echo the thoughts of a an Afghani lawyer in OZ who comments - basically Afghanistan needs to learn to stand on its own two feet rather than depending on foreign forces for ever?

Peace missions sometimes seem to have a 'holy grail' mission rather like the knights of old - marching around the world and rescuing nations enforced by whoever. Yes we express our concerns about the Uyghur people in China but have you seen us marching in to save them? I wonder why not?

Genocide is another thing but that has to be defined and dealt with by the United Nations not USA/OZ all the time.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 12:08 PM

Re: Withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan

Originally Posted by bret ->
https://www.theguardian.com/australi...CMP=GTAU_email

an interesting article written by an Afghani Phd student living in Australia. I am sure many of us have followed the ins and outs of the wars in Afghanistan from perhaps as far back as the Russians who left with their tails between their legs and now the Yanks and Ozzies. The remaining Afghnistanis fear that they will be unable to match the Taliban and its intended plans for the future of Afghanistan.

Some just want foreign forces to remain - my thoughts echo the thoughts of a an Afghani lawyer in OZ who comments - basically Afghanistan needs to learn to stand on its own two feet rather than depending on foreign forces for ever?

Peace missions sometimes seem to have a 'holy grail' mission rather like the knights of old - marching around the world and rescuing nations enforced by whoever. Yes we express our concerns about the Uyghur people in China but have you seen us marching in to save them? I wonder why not?

Genocide is another thing but that has to be defined and dealt with by the United Nations not USA/OZ all the time.
That's the trouble. They won't. Very shortly after any `peace-keeping` force leaves, the Taliban will once again hold sway and create a Muslim country which subjugates women and keeps everyone in check by using violence to those who don't agree with their version of Islam.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 12:36 PM

Should not even have been there to start with.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 01:00 PM

Hi

The Afghans have been beating the UK for 150 years, along with others.

It is a pointless exercise.

Our Government simply refuse to accept the simple solution.

Buy the Taliban Out.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Afghans have been beating the UK for 150 years, along with others.

It is a pointless exercise.

Our Government simply refuse to accept the simple solution.

Buy the Taliban Out.
Oh my sainted aunt. Firstly why the hell should WE buy ANYONE out? It's NOT OUR PROBLEM.

But more than that the Taliban are a highly revered group in Afghanistan because of their religious status. You probably don't know let alone understand that "Taliban" means as close as dammit to student, in this case students of islam. Think of them as warrier monks. They are like the Saudi Mutawwa-Hai'a on acid. Devout mohammadans love them.

The second best thing to do would be isolate the whole horrid place, the very best thing to do would be to nuke the whole rotten place.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 02:45 PM

Just watch, in a few months time we'll be getting hordes of Afghan "refugees" coming over the channel in tiny boats.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Oh my sainted aunt. Firstly why the hell should WE buy ANYONE out? It's NOT OUR PROBLEM.

But more than that the Taliban are a highly revered group in Afghanistan because of their religious status. You probably don't know let alone understand that "Taliban" means as close as dammit to student, in this case students of islam. Think of them as warrier monks. They are like the Saudi Mutawwa-Hai'a on acid. Devout mohammadans love them.

The second best thing to do would be isolate the whole horrid place, the very best thing to do would be to nuke the whole rotten place.
Hi

It is our problem.

Afghanistan is the source of 95% of our heroin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_...atin%20America.

The mark up is more than 1000%, which funds Terrorism.

Simply much cheaper and easier to buy it off the farmers.

Israel is a huge producer of illegal drugs.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 03:30 PM

Hi

It is our problem.

I seem to remember that last time the Taliban were in charge they grubbed up almost all of the poppy fields because opium production was against the will of Him Upstairs.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2021, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->

I agree with you.

Why on earth were we ever poking our noses in Afghanistan?

Yes, during the Raj we were responsible for protecting India so we had to take an interest, though for the most part we soon learnt to keep out of the Devil's own part of the world.

More recently, we have been involving ourselves in the Middle East and I'm sure we all know why. Oil.

As we become less and less reliant on oil, we should keep well away from places like that which don't concern us.
At the same time, we should keep them well away from our country.

East is East and West is West and never the twain shall meet.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

05-05-2021, 05:19 PM

Hi

It is our problem.

I repeat Afghanistan is NOT our problem. The solution would be to spray the fields with roundup or agent orange either of which would cause birth defects amongst the population so two birds for the price of one.

As for Israel being a huge producer of illegal drugs - what a load of cobblers but hey! Never let nonsense get in the way of a bit of Judenhass eh?

Actually Israel does produce a great many drugs or has invented a great many some you're probably dependant on today.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top