Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:38 AM

Re: Over Thinking Things?

I often have problems sleeping and I know I overthink things but I have had a lot of illness in my family and I mean serious illnesses with younger members so its difficult not to worry and possibly overthink things.

Whan it happens I have a favourite beach I retreat to in my mind and that along with breathing exercises works......sometimes
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes I have, been there done that, not anymore, my mind is at peace.

That sort of thinking, which flooded my mind, nearly drove me insane.
Same here, been there, done that, worn the T-shirt out. Not now. When I wake during the night I put my earbuds in and turn on my radio with the volume just high enough to squelch the noises in my brain. I soon fall asleep again.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Do you ever find yourself over thinking things?

To the extent that you can't sleep, at night, because your brain is trying to resolve a lot of things, maybe which occurred to you that day.

Sometimes you see, say, five different events, and your brain puts them all together, and gets worried because they appear to be all connected events, but your brain wants to solve it all as one.

In the morning, after a savage night of sleep, it's all gone away and you start another day!

I'm not talking about conspiracy theories..

I used to do it all the time Ted and it drove me nuts. Each night four or five problems going round and round with no solution, until eventually I would fall asleep from exhaustion. These days, if I get a thought start up when I am trying to sleep, I stop it immediately. Even when I get up to visit the loo in the night, I makes sure I don't start thinking about anything apart from aiming straight.

Like summer, I sometimes imagine I am on a beach but interestingly, I imagine I am alone and have been washed up on the shore after a shipwreck and I am drying off in the hot sun.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Do you ever find yourself over thinking things?
That question requires much consideration.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I used to do it all the time Ted and it drove me nuts. Each night four or five problems going round and round with no solution, until eventually I would fall asleep from exhaustion. These days, if I get a thought start up when I am trying to sleep, I stop it immediately. Even when I get up to visit the loo in the night, I makes sure I don't start thinking about anything apart from aiming straight.

Like summer, I sometimes imagine I am on a beach but interestingly, I imagine I am alone and have been washed up on the shore after a shipwreck and I am drying off in the hot sun.
Keep a look out for 'Wilson' on Friday Longdogs....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Keep a look out for 'Wilson' on Friday Longdogs....
He was my only pal ....
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2021, 11:38 PM

I'm convinced this is down to brain chemistry. An overactive mind is down to too little GABA. Have some baked beans or a baked potato. Eating too much fat reduces GABA and makes you more prone to dredging up unnecessary memories.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 05:28 AM

Ah well we differ there....im on the beach with a Pina Colada
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-05-2021, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ah well we differ there....im on the beach with a Pina Colada
Your version does sound better.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 07:26 AM

Your version does sound better.
Don't start thinking about the aggravation of the journey home now.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top