Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:49 AM

Re: Muliculturism? does it really work?

Multiculturism would stand a chance. of success, if those who travelled totally respected the Culture, Religion, whatever, of the place they are visiting.

The UK, historically, has been rubbish at this.

Now, the boot is on the other foot!

Don't attempt to change what is already there.

But do try to understand, respect, and use, that which is already in place.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 09:56 AM

It doesn't work where I live. I live in a very heavily muslim populated town for example yesterday I was stood in a queue in the post office for ages and I couldn't help but notice almost all the customers were muslim. Being bored I decided to count the people coming in an out and there were 14 muslims and 3 (me included) white people and 1 black person.

I see a lot of ugliness on both sides, racism and anger is on both sides not just white racists as some would have us believe.

Heated 'arguments' on my town facebook page are a very regular occurance. The communities are definitely divided in my town. Large areas of muslims in fact on my dads council estate there are barely any white people as the muslim community have bought up the majority of the houses.

I realise this sounds negative but I'm telling you how it is round here and I can feel the tension in the air.

I often go out of my way to say hello if I'm out for a walk and I notice it is rare from a muslim person to approach with with a 'hello' first.

Only 2 days ago there was an asian community not far from me where there was a large brawl with muslim people one of them wielding an axe, it was very disturbing.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Multiculturism would stand a chance. of success, if those who travelled totally respected the Culture, Religion, whatever, of the place they are visiting.

The UK, historically, has been rubbish at this.

Now, the boot is on the other foot!

Don't attempt to change what is already there.

But do try to understand, respect, and use, that which is already in place.
Holiday or temporary stay people do tend not make an effort.

LQ has had personal experiences that highlight how palpable the tension has become, where even a friendly smile leaves you fearful.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:31 AM

Hi

Where would we be without pasta or curries?

As long as it does not affect the equality of females, I am fine with it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 10:50 AM

I tried putting a German Beach Towel on my garden Sun Lounger.

Didn't work, some Grandchild threw it on the floor & climbed on!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I tried putting a German Beach Towel on my garden Sun Lounger.

Didn't work, some Grandchild threw it on the floor & climbed on!

Hi

My doctors where Muslim, the nurses Hindu.

They saved my life.

I am grateful to all of them.

Germans putting their towels out, never an issue.

I was up early fishing and free towels to wipe my slimy hands on was always a benefit.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My doctors where Muslim, the nurses Hindu.

They saved my life.

I am grateful to all of them.

Germans putting their towels out, never an issue.

I was up early fishing and free towels to wipe my slimy hands on was always a benefit.
And with a smile on your face eh Swimmy ?? 😀😀😀

Donkeyman! 👍🤗🤗👍
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 02:23 PM

Multiculturalism is a failed unwanted experiment. The principle of having other than just a single culture in a population is bloody silly. It's akin to having two or more nations on a single area of land with neither being the head honcho, there will always be friction, it's human nature.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Multiculturalism is a failed unwanted experiment. The principle of having other than just a single culture in a population is bloody silly. It's akin to having two or more nations on a single area of land with neither being the head honcho, there will always be friction, it's human nature.
I agree.

Unless a person has lived in such an area, an area like where LQ presently lives, they cannot fully appreciate the problems extant.

I believe it is also a matter of numbers.

When I was a child in Bradford, I witnessed the beginnings.
Muslims began to move in, initially in limited numbers, and the atmosphere was perfectly friendly and without any conflict.

As numbers increased, so did feelings of unease and distrust.

At that point, white people began to move out, my family included. Thereafter that same area began to develop into a majority muslim area and, sadly, white people began to avoid the area largely through fear!

Some years ago, I went back to see the street and house where I was born. I took out my camera to photograph it and, out of nowhere, came two young muslim lads demanding to know what I was doing.

I explained politely and was then asked some pertinent questions to ascertain if I really once was a local resident which, of course, I could answer to their satisfaction. I took my photograph and left.

It occurred to me afterward that that particular area of Bradford is now virtually a foreign enclave, policed by locals!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

Unless a person has lived in such an area, an area like where LQ presently lives, they cannot fully appreciate the problems extant.

I believe it is also a matter of numbers.

When I was a child in Bradford, I witnessed the beginnings.
Muslims began to move in, initially in limited numbers, and the atmosphere was perfectly friendly and without any conflict.

As numbers increased, so did feelings of unease and distrust.

At that point, white people began to move out, my family included. Thereafter that same area began to develop into a majority muslim area and, sadly, white people began to avoid the area largely through fear!

Some years ago, I went back to see the street and house where I was born. I took out my camera to photograph it and, out of nowhere, came two young muslim lads demanding to know what I was doing.

I explained politely and was then asked some pertinent questions to ascertain if I really once was a local resident which, of course, I could answer to their satisfaction. I took my photograph and left.

It occurred to me afterward that that particular area of Bradford is now virtually a foreign enclave, policed by locals!

Yes, l think it's too late allready JBR ?
These Moslem areas have now become entrenched and will NEVER
ever be populated by its original inhabitants again!! These areas
will only expand untill the whole city becomes Moslem owned
and Moslem run, we allready have Moslem mayors etc !!
Moslems are allready well represented in central government
structures and Moslems will continue to press for more UNTILL
they have the ability to start changing the enti re system ??
This has allready happened as witnessed by some of the posts
on this forum !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top