Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

06-06-2021, 01:49 PM

Re: How to fail a driving test

Originally Posted by mart ->
It is amazing what these conversion companies can do, We saw a adaptation being done where the drivers seat was motorised to come out of the car and then twist around so that the person could transfer to a wheelchair (and vice versa). Very clever.

Our friend had a Mercedes wagon with a motorised tailgate and lift. The tailgate opened and the lift came out and down. He could then drive onto the lift, be raised up, wheel into the drivers position where his motorised chair locked in place. The tailgate slowly closed and locked.
Yes, I’ve seen both these solutions too, they’re amazing.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2021, 09:34 PM

Dexterous, Big Congratulations to your daughter. I bet she’s glad to be able to get on the road after what she’s been through!!

I mentioned in your previous thread on this subject about my 19 year old grandson whose driving test kept getting postponed due to the lockdown.
Well, he passed his test a few weeks ago and has worked hard at two jobs to buy himself a car.
This is when the real worry begins!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Dexterous, Big Congratulations to your daughter. I bet she’s glad to be able to get on the road after what she’s been through!!

I mentioned in your previous thread on this subject about my 19 year old grandson whose driving test kept getting postponed due to the lockdown.
Well, he passed his test a few weeks ago and has worked hard at two jobs to buy himself a car.
This is when the real worry begins!

Just to say.... Well the worry has now begun....

He has written off his car tonight, luckily no injuries to anyone... just the poor car...
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 12:14 AM

Just to say.... Well the worry has now begun....

He has written off his car tonight, luckily no injuries to anyone... just the poor car...
Really sorry to hear that Art. Glad nobody got hurt.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 12:23 AM

What on earth is a theory test? When I took mine back in 1962 it was 1/2 hr driving and 3 questions. Only time I didn't have a licence when I had my eye operation and had to surrender my licence and got it back after a DVLA eye test.
Never had an endorsement on my licence in all that time

Lets see
Rules of the road back then, see a panda car, give to the police driver a middle finger and put your foot down . Those morris minors were never quick enough to catch you. Hump back bridges used as take off platforms, shortest way at a roundabout was straight over the top.

Ok OK I am joking
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
What on earth is a theory test?
Loads of free ones and free apps online. Worth having a go at them, as you'll soon discover how little you actually know!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

10-06-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Really sorry to hear that Art. Glad nobody got hurt.

Thank You, Dextrous.

It could have been so much worse....
His future insurance premiums are going to be so sky high!!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

11-06-2021, 02:04 AM

Thank You, Dextrous.

It could have been so much worse....
His future insurance premiums are going to be so sky high!!
Gotta be tactical about this. What's the car worth, how much finance left on it etc?

Might be cheaper to pay off the debt rather than face a hike in insurance for a few years.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 05:43 AM

It could just be a sneaky way of making money - how much does it cost these days to take a test? Not that I am cynical

Good that it is all sorted anyway!

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top