Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 08:59 AM

This beats everything!!

Tony had a medication review on Friday conducted by the nurse, prior to a doctors appointment if he should need one.

She asked me if I'd mind buying a blood pressure monitor so I could send his readings in and save them time!!

I told her definitely not!

At least not until I know if he actually suffers with high blood pressure - then I may consider buying one so we can keep an eye on it..

Whatever next eh?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:24 AM

Re: This beats everything!!

They are well worth the money Carol, for how would you know that you'd got high BP without checking it? We've had one for years and check it once a month or so, and have often been surprised by the result!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:26 AM

What if you had no money? Would they "prescribe" you a monitor? I mean, expecting everyone to have access to computers, phones, (and being savvy enough to use them) as well as buying their own machinery is really getting outrageous. I'd like to know what they get paid for, if they aren't doing their job....?!

Edit: Having said that, a monitor is a good thing to get just for checking. High blood pressure is only something you find out you have, when anything serious happens.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:26 AM

And what do you do if the reading is high Barry?

It's not that I mind buying one but she wanted me to buy one to save THEM time!!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
What if you had no money? Would they "prescribe" you a monitor? I mean, expecting everyone to have access to computers, phones, (and being savvy enough to use them) as well as buying their own machinery is really getting outrageous. I'd like to know what they get paid for, if they aren't doing their job....?!
They cost from about £20 .
If you lived in some countries you would have to buy your own medicine and pay someone to give you an injection .
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:31 AM

We have had a blood pressure monitor for years too. I think BP is something worth keeping a check on. I just bought one for our Son. This one clamps around the wrist rather than upper-arm. It cost £23 (Amazon).
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
And what do you do if the reading is high Barry?

It's not that I mind buying one but she wanted me to buy one to save THEM time!!
If the reading is high then go to the doctor's! It is surely a waste of both yours and the doctor's time to go there just to check it regardless, if you could easily do it in a few minutes yourself at home?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

23-05-2021, 09:33 AM

Like I said: It's not that I mind buying one but she wanted me to buy one to save THEM time!!

Neither Tony nor myself have ever suffered with high blood pressure.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
They cost from about £20 .
If you lived in some countries you would have to buy your own medicine and pay someone to give you an injection .
We don't though...we have been used to free national healthcare with a personal face to face service, and now its all changing for the worst - to be like those countries you mention, it looks like. This is my objection - I don't mind paying an extra pound or whatever on my N.I if it helps the NHS return to normal. And buying a blood pressure monitor to save them time, is not really a professional thing to admit to a patient, in my opinion.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

23-05-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Like I said: It's not that I mind buying one but she wanted me to buy one to save THEM time!!

Neither Tony nor myself have ever suffered with high blood pressure.
That's like not buying home insurance because you've never had a fire...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top