Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:00 AM

Re: This beats everything!!

They have those in chemists shops in Spain .
Costs one euro to have your BP tested and takes one minute .
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:00 AM

I use my one regularly. I take medication for high blood pressure. My blood pressure varies during the day.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:05 AM

It's incredibly cheeky. Its great having a bp monitor if that is your choice but the surgery should not be asking you to purchase one to make their job easier. They should provide one free! Plus are they going to pay you for the admin. I'm all for saving the nhs money but they are taking the mickey asking patients to pay for equipment. Particularly as not all bp monitors are as good as others and patients don't always use them as effectively as a nurse. Plus it can become an obsession for some and lead to anxiety when readings are high.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:08 AM

We’ve had a blood pressure monitor for years and use it regularly . It makes sense as nine times out of ten when you visit the doctor, the first thing they go is take your BP. If you are feeling off colour at home, take your temperature, that way you will know you may need to seek the help of your doctor.

Both my son and daughter also have BP monitors.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:18 AM

Whenever I have visited the nurse for a check-up my blood pressure has been higher than it should be so I bought a home monitor.
I now check before I have to see the nurse and take the readings with me. I was told that I have 'white coat syndrome' where my blood pressure rises on visits to the surgery.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:21 AM

It's asking Carol to send readings to the surgery that is a cheek
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We have only had this since 1948 .
Yes I agree the nurse was tactless and they often are .
I was send to the nurse by the doctor to redo a dressing.
She told me testily she was seeing me in her tea break!
As she was very overweight I was sorely tempted to say a break from the tea and bikkies might be a good thing .
Wisely I kept schumn .
Muddy, that is hilarious!!

And again, so what if its her tea break? It was rude of her to mention it - what did she expect...an apology??
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's asking Carol to send readings to the surgery that is a cheek
You're right there Annie, emails are so expensive these days...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:28 AM

Hi

Cheap Blood Pressure Monitors are useless and dangerous.

This includes all wrist ones.

You need a medical grade one to get an accurate reading.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsu...suring-at-home

I have a good one, and it is used to alter my medication as required.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2021, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by MargaretF ->
Whenever I have visited the nurse for a check-up my blood pressure has been higher than it should be so I bought a home monitor.
I now check before I have to see the nurse and take the readings with me. I was told that I have 'white coat syndrome' where my blood pressure rises on visits to the surgery.
I know a few people who suffer white coat syndrome.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top