Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

24-05-2021, 04:36 PM

Dyson V11 cordless vacuum cleaner

Have been thinking about getting a Dyson V11 cordless vacuum cleaner.

Does anyone here have one or used one? Grateful for any information

Ulla
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 04:48 PM

Re: Dyson V11 cordless vacuum cleaner

We have one of those Ullabi. It is expensive but far superior to any other vacs we have had. My wife didn't want me to pay that much but I insisted. You get what you pay for.
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

24-05-2021, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
We have one of those Ullabi. It is expensive but far superior to any other vacs we have had. My wife didn't want me to pay that much but I insisted. You get what you pay for.
Thanks for the info. Do you think it's better than a normal vacuum cleaner? Is it easy to handle - thinking of the weight and bearing in mind that I'll be using it from a wheelchair?
peripheral
GB
peripheral is male  peripheral has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 05:31 PM

Hello Ullabi
Mrs Peripheral here, we are both very disabled and we find the V11 a bit heavy but i do think it is worth the effort because it is a great machine to use. we are both old and can still use it. take a look on Dyson website it will show what pieces come with it. It is expensive but is a very well made product and I feel well worth it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 05:32 PM

We have one it’s great Mr M likes to play with it !
Ullabi
Ullabi is female 

24-05-2021, 07:01 PM

Thank you all. I have already checked their Swedish website and will definitely consider it. It's always good to get some firsthand feedback
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:06 PM

They are brilliant - we have one but given the choice again we would go for the Shark.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:06 PM

Had one for about a year and it went wrong so had to contact Dyson. They were really good and supplied a whole new section free of charge, the trouble is, that plays up too. It's a really handy vac although nowhere near as good as the Henry which I use for the heavy work.

I got a good discount on mine but I'm not sure it is worth the £500 price tag.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 07:31 PM

Although we decided on the vacs cordless, I have my reservations about the new style of vacuum cleaners where the weight is centred at the operator end of the cleaner, also, the dust has to travel from ground level up to the tank at the top defying gravity....I would have liked to test the Dyson V11 but Mrs Fox was gobsmacked at the price. Like Peripheral, I wish I'd have stuck out and got the Dyson...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2021, 08:45 PM

Hi Ulla I have a cordless Dyson an older version and find it useful for small jobs, the battery doesn't last long on full power about 8 minutes (longer with the newer ones I think ).

I use it mostly with the large head for cleaning the stairs and with the little brush for carpet edges and skirting boards.
It is also good for sudden spills of dry ingredients.

I think they are expensive, mine was a gift from my son .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top