Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 09:08 AM

Natural remedies...

Does anybody take natural remedies & what for?

Oh and do they work?

I would love to find a natural remedy to help me sleep.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:20 AM

Re: Natural remedies...

kalms one a night helps me if I can't sleep Carol. There is also lemon balm tea.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Does anybody take natural remedies & what for?

Oh and do they work?

I would love to find a natural remedy to help me sleep.
Surely, if natural products were that effective, the shops would be full of them and making the profits available!

Some have made it - many haven't!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:50 AM

A five mile run every day will guarantee a good nights sleep Carol.....You don't get much more natural than that...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Surely, if natural products were that effective, the shops would be full of them and making the profits available!

Some have made it - many haven't!
The way business works is that we are sold things packaged to make them more expensive when you can grow them in a pot without packaging in a chlorine bleached teabag.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 11:46 AM

Have you tried Lavender oil Carol?
You are so busy caring for Tony & the family & looking after your own health, so you may not be aware how much it stresses you.
Lavender oil, on a handkerchief or face cloth , placed on your pillow at night may help. It is very calming and often used as a way to help you sleep better!
I have used it if I am stressed about something & it helps me get off to sleep, providing I try not to think about any worries.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 12:07 PM

Lavender oil & similar things don't help at all. I need something more powerful.

Nytol works for me but it can't be called natural.

I do believe a good long walk during the day helps but it's not often I can walk far now due to an auto immune condition called PMR..

I take steroids for my PMR and they are known to affect sleep patterns.

I can't win really.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2021, 12:12 PM

I didn't get on with Nytol. It seems to be an anti histamine.

Kalms are valerian root.

Lavender oil does nothing for me too. Nice in a bath but doesn't make me sleepy.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 02:37 PM

I read that natural remedies are helpful for some people but if something worrisome enough is going on in life, even medical sleeping tablets might not work.

Stopping the mind from spinning with a radio discussion, or watching the night time TV adverts for exercise machines and mattresses can do the trick.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 02:53 PM

My friend swears by listening to relaxing music on you tube, its kind of hypnotic and helps her sleep.

I agree if things are whirling round in your mind it is very hard to switch off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top