Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:20 PM

Re: Virgin Media

Originally Posted by JBR ->
What I'd like to find out, and I hope people don't mind my asking on here, is what items other people on non-fibre connections find they can use without any problems.

As I said earlier, we have two laptops (often both in use at the same time), a Fire Stick (again, often in use at the same time as the laptops), a VOIP telephone (though if we ditched VM, we'd have a normal telephone along with the internet connection), and three security cameras (though these might not be needed whilst we're using laptops and the telly).
Alexa, Amazon firestick, 2 laptops, 2 mobile phones, normal telephone - all at the same time. Videos running on wifi as well, if that helps.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Alexa, Amazon firestick, 2 laptops, 2 mobile phones, normal telephone - all at the same time. Videos running on wifi as well, if that helps.
Brilliant! All on an 11Mbs copper connection?

That's all I need to know. Thank you.
I'll be able to have a much cheaper broadband service then, perhaps £20 per month (plus a £50 one-off for a telephone line).
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:42 PM

Yes, its great and sounds much cheaper than what you are doing now! Virgin sounds awful
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:49 PM

I then went to Yorkshire Bank, simply because I'm a Yorkshireman!
I've never had any problems with Yorkshire Bank, but as soon as Virgin Money took over, things started to go wrong.

Now with First Direct because they're the best!
I'll bear that in mind, JBR.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes, its great and sounds much cheaper than what you are doing now! Virgin sounds awful
But which company is it you're with?
Are they reliable? Few problems, fixed quickly?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-05-2021, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I've never had any problems with Yorkshire Bank, but as soon as Virgin Money took over, things started to go wrong.
Yes. Virgin is a rude word in our house!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Anyway, now my emails are with Gmail like you, and it's all settled down...... My bank has just been taken over by Virgin Money......here we go again....
OGF I saw a headline this morning about Google deleting all google pics, cloud and gmail emails without permission. Hard to know the best company to go with.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:10 PM

Yes. Virgin is a rude word in our house!
I feel the same way about them. They are rude and arrogant.

They assume customers know how their systems should work even though the self service section of the customer account interface is rubbish. But they make you feel that you should have understood how to do whatever you have phoned them about yourself.

I guess they have taken over huge swathes of the market by providing what is in effect a monopoly service.

It's very difficult to cancel too. They have made it easier than it used to be but it's still hard work and they try to phone you with a sales pitch to stop the cancellation.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

31-05-2021, 10:14 PM

But which company is it you're with?
Are they reliable? Few problems, fixed quickly?
I have been with them since Christmas and there have been no problems at all. One enquiry I had with a scammer trying to overthrow my line in favour of theirs, was dealt with efficiently & quickly by a Yorkshire man, and all was well. However, I must balance this with a neighbours experience of BT, who has had problems switching over and they mucked it up a bit because she wanted to keep her old telephone number and they gave her a new one. She had to do without everything for an additional two weeks while they sorted out a new contract for her, but all is well with her now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-05-2021, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
OGF I saw a headline this morning about Google deleting all google pics, cloud and gmail emails without permission. Hard to know the best company to go with.
I saw that, but no, they're limiting their free storage to 15Gb, I believe.
I'm nowhere near that.
They also stated that they'd give plenty of warning to customers to purchase additional storage.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top