Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 10:30 AM

Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows

If like me, you're a fan of this strictly functional keyboard then you might be interested in the Wommty Ultra Thin Silicone Waterproof Anti-Dust Keyboard Cover for Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard :

available at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wommty-Sili.../dp/B074PRKJLH

I bought a pair as dust-covers but discovered that reading the keyboard and typing was almost as easy with it left permanently on, thus avoiding keyboard contamination (beer, crisps, coffee, biscuits, etc.) .....
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 04:21 PM

Re: Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows

Originally Posted by Omah ->
If like me, you're a fan of this strictly functional keyboard then you might be interested in the Wommty Ultra Thin Silicone Waterproof Anti-Dust Keyboard Cover for Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard available at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wommty-Sili.../dp/B074PRKJLH

I bought a pair as dust-covers but discovered that reading the keyboard and typing was almost as easy with it left permanently on, thus avoiding keyboard contamination (beer, crisps, coffee, biscuits, etc.) .....
I dread to think of the location your PC is located. I would not even consider exposing my PC etc to any environment where food etc was present.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2021, 05:44 PM

Re: Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Windows

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I dread to think of the location your PC is located. I would not even consider exposing my PC etc to any environment where food etc was present.
Of course you wouldn't .....

But even if you don't, your hands, mouth and nose are passing body fluids and bacteria onto everything you touch or breathe on. If you don't clean your keyboard everyday then it's likely be contaminated:

https://www.staplesadvantage.co.uk/g...e-it/?browse=1

One study found that whereas the average toilet seat has 49 microbes per square inch, a computer keyboard can have as many as 3,295.

It’s estimated that 80% of infections are transmitted by touch so any areas which are in frequent contact with human hands are potential trouble spots. The two office items that you are in contact with most often are probably keyboards and mice.

The dangers of picking up infections from our keyboard or mouse are real but a combination of hand washing or sanitising with frequent cleaning of keyboards and mice with anti-bacterial wipes can reduce the risk greatly.
My keyboard covers are instantly removable and washable .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top