Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 08:48 PM

Re: Photobucket

Yes Mart, I don't mind paying for a decent service either, but placing conditions etc on it, is not my thing. Even £61 a year is a bit much from what I've seen...and who's to say they won't bump it up more? I've found a better service so I'm happy
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2021, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes Mart, I don't mind paying for a decent service either, but placing conditions etc on it, is not my thing. Even £61 a year is a bit much from what I've seen...and who's to say they won't bump it up more? I've found a better service so I'm happy
You're right. £61 is a bit much. I'm not sure what I would have been willing to pay having used them for free for a long time. Maybe £20 - £25. At that price, more people might use their service and they'd make more money. I think £61 could make people go somewhere else.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 12:33 AM

Got all my photos out of it. I've been using Postimage since they put their watermark on my photos. You have to email them to delete your account
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 04:21 AM

I used Photobucket for years and it was a good service, then suddenly a huge cost of belonging! I thought it was just greedy! I use Imgur now.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:01 AM

I expect Photobucket lost a lot of people when they started to charge, I wonder how they're doing now. I certainly hope Postimage doesn't start charging. My only grumble with them is that they don't do video storage. I take a lot of video when I'm out n about but would like to be able to store it properly alongside my photos. I have a private channel on You Tube at the moment but I'd rather have some place else.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 07:55 AM

Imgur ask for support via a company called 'Coil' but they aren't insisting on it.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/19/2...-micropayments

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top