Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:17 AM

Re: Men only. No women

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
My extensive research (ie skimming through wiki) has uncovered this:

On the whole, seems that politicians have been umm-ing and ah-ing (if that's how to spell it) about getting shot of conscription and its alternative names for quite some time, so extending it to include women would seem to involve taking a step in the wrong direction.
Whilst at the same time, are restoration of conscription in the form of National Service is something that I feel would do a great deal to improve this country.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Indeed. You probably have not seen the programme, but Marge and I watch SAS: Who Dares Wins on the telly each week. On that programme, the women contestants are treated exactly the same way as are the men contestants.

What's more, within physical limitations, the women seem to give as much in the way of such things as skill and perseverance as the men, sometimes more.
I watch too and am shocked at the treatment of the soldiers its abuse . I'm in awe at the trainees and know the training is harsh yet they get through . How amazing are both Male and female
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I watch too and am shocked at the treatment of the soldiers its abuse . I'm in awe at the trainees and know the training is harsh yet they get through . How amazing are both Male and female
Add to that, this TV series is apparently nowhere near the hardships suffered in the actual training for SAS, SBS and SRS forces. They wouldn't allow such things on television, of course. The PC snowflakes would all have a heart attack.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top