Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 02:30 PM

Re: A Thought for Tuesday...

If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?

Abraham Lincoln

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:04 PM

It hurts when you have someone in your heart, but you can't have them in your arms.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can’t say what I want to say, re: new born babies.....because my faith will come into it..I left that outside the door, weeks ago, ..as it creates arguing....so I will leave it there.
My son was born with a very que sera sera nature (he was so casual that he couldn't be bothered to come out on time and was a week overdue, and even then took about 8 hours in labour after waters broke), whereas my daughter was born with a very impatient temperament. She was born on the predicted date and labour was barely 2 hours from start to finish.

Don't know why they were so totally different from the point of birth, but they were.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Mine is:

"...With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy"

~ Max Ehrmann (from the poem "Desiderata")
I love Desiderata. I used to have a copy of it printed on a parchment scroll and hanging in my kitchen. That was many years ago, and I have no idea what happened to it
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I love Desiderata. I used to have a copy of it printed on a parchment scroll and hanging in my kitchen. That was many years ago, and I have no idea what happened to it
Here you go Sheba.....

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant! They too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter! For there will always be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.
Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and dis-enchantment it is as perennial as the grass. Take kindly the council of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune.
But do not distress yourself with imaginings, many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe; no less than the trees and the stars you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive him to be, and whatever your labours and aspirations; in this noisy confusion of life keep pace with your soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams it is still a beautiful world. Be careful, strive to be happy.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Isn't it a great poem, Sheba? It just encapsulates everything in life and it inspires me enormously. I have a copy of it too, hanging in the hall. Its online, so you could get another copy printed at some point if you chose to
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:42 AM

Get them before they even have a chance to get you. And not just for one day - permanently and I'm not kidding.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Get them before they even have a chance to get you. And not just for one day - permanently and I'm not kidding.
Them Todger?...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
That's your thought for the day? Or quote that you live by? Its a bit aggressive isn't it? It implies that you are permanently on your guard waiting for someone to get you - I couldn't live like that, blimey!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2021, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
That's your thought for the day? Or quote that you live by? Its a bit aggressive isn't it? It implies that you are permanently on your guard waiting for someone to get you - I couldn't live like that, blimey!
It's how I've always lived. You learn who can be trusted and to what extent over a period of time but -----

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top