Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:42 AM

Do You Burp A lot If You Are Having A Heart Attack?

I only ask this as my sister’s husband was rushed into hospital last night with chest pains and was burping a lot. He was in their pool at the time of the chest pains and couldn’t move.

They live in Spain and the ambulance men would not let my sister go with him.
He was taken to their local hospital but then a doctor rang to say, he was being transferred to the Coronary Care Unit at Malaga Hospital.

She has had no word since and she cannot ring the hospital as she can’t speak the Spanish language very well.

We just wondered if he was burping a lot, could it just be wind and sending him to a Coronary Care Unit was the procedure they have to carry out?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Re: Do You Burp A lot If You Are Having A Heart Attack?

It could be Abdominal aortic aneurysm Art
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I only ask this as my sister’s husband was rushed into hospital last night with chest pains and was burping a lot. He was in their pool at the time of the chest pains and couldn’t move.

He was taken to their local hospital but then a doctor rang to say, he was being transferred to the Coronary Care Unit at Malaga Hospital.

She has had no word since and she cannot ring the hospital as she can’t speak the Spanish language very well.

We just wondered if he was burping a lot, could it just be wind and sending him to a Coronary Care Unit was the procedure they have to carry out?
Hi

Several symptoms for heart attacks Art.

They differ from person to person.

Burping is always one for me, it is what differentiates a bad angina attack from a heart attack for me.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:02 AM

Yes...my taxi driver had a lot of burping when he was having a heart attack, he told me his whole story.

I also burped a lot after heart surgery.

A very worrying time, Art..,,I hope he will be ok, at least he’s in the right place.🙏
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:14 AM

Thank You, Annie, swimmy and Pauline.

I know you Swimmy and you Pauline have had heart trouble and you are both here to tell the tale. So that is good and reassuring.

My brother in law has a type of Leukaemia.. will this make things worse?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

12-06-2021, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It could be Abdominal aortic aneurysm Art
Annie, That sounds really bad, is it?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:21 AM

Annie, That sounds really bad, is it?
Hi

Only if it bursts.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abdomi...rtic-aneurysm/
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:29 AM

My friend's partner's mum is in Malaga and has probably been in the same hospital Art. She has had two heart attacks successfully treated there. They seem to be very good at what they do. She is over 80 and has just had a second one recently. They seem to be well equipped and very skilled there.
Best wishes for his recovery.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 11:39 AM

Art, the turning point, with heart issues, is the getting to the hospital in time for something to be done.

It looks like that was achieved, they have all acted very well.

Looks promising for a good recovery.

Hope all goes well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2021, 12:07 PM

Thank You, Annie, swimmy and Pauline.

I know you Swimmy and you Pauline have had heart trouble and you are both here to tell the tale. So that is good and reassuring.

My brother in law has a type of Leukaemia.. will this make things worse?

I’m not qualified to say or know,Art.

I’m just glad he’s in hospital, where he will be receive expert care, plus probably wired up to all types of machines.

Praying for him and his family,🙏

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top