Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:47 AM

Re: Some Thoughts For The Next Election?

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
How come it took them that long to get rid of you?
They didn't get rid of me. I left at the end of my contract after the work was finished.

Look at you ... wrong again
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
They didn't get rid of me. I left at the end of my contract
To hold them to the contract is exactly what I would expect from you. Do you never do the decent thing?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
To hold them to the contract is exactly what I would expect from you. Do you never do the decent thing?
Do you ever stop giving these stupid rambling, drunken posts of yours ?

Maybe you want to be like your rambling senile hero Beijing Biden - if you are, keep it up it's going well.

Too well in fact

Just avoid children and stairs - theirs some healthy advice
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I guess that there is a "point" right there, in what you say, Cinders?

Maybe only the public can fix an unfair system ?

I wish we had a clue how to do it!

Exactly! Only the public can fix and unfair system.

Unfortunately, I can't see it ever happening.
Most people would only vote for what they're used to: Conservatives, Labour, Limp Dems, Greenies, SNP (if you're in Scotland).
Who else is there?
Of course there are others (my favourite is Reform UK), but realistically none of them have a cat in hell's chance of forming a government, not unless the majority of people suddenly decide to do something different.

So the vast majority of the electorate will vote for one of the above, or refuse to vote for anyone.
In other words, we'll be left with exactly what we have now!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 02:57 PM

Maybe you want to be like your rambling senile hero Beijing Biden - if you are, keep it up it's going well.
If he thinks you are a half wit, then I am already like him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 02:58 PM

I won't vote to give Boris a second term and unless someone with a backbone steps up to lead the conservatives I won't be inclined to vote at all.
I think that is unlikely as I can't see anyone in the Conservative party standing up and offering to take his place. Rees-Mogg, of course, would be good but he has stated quite clearly that he won't.
Treason May would jump at the chance of, again, making matters even worse! Hopefully, she'll have no support.

So I shall have two choices:
- waste my vote (but satisfy my conscience) by voting for Reform UK; or
- like you, not bother to vote at all, as it won't make any difference.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 09:41 AM

According to "Cummings & Goings", the PM plans to step down towards the end of this term.

If he is not lying, we can expect the forum to be full of discussions on who will be PM next.

Get your bets on asap, the odds will be good!

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-06-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
According to "Cummings & Goings", the PM plans to step down towards the end of this term.

If he is not lying, we can expect the forum to be full of discussions on who will be PM next.

Get your bets on asap, the odds will be good!

The only one who I'd like to see take over as PM has said that he doesn't want the job.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

17-06-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
The only one who I'd like to see take over as PM has said that he doesn't want the job.
When they say that, it usually means they very much do want the job, but in his case, I believe him. But not 100%; you can never be totally sure when it comes to politicians.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top