Join for free
Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 12:00 AM

Re: sweets you can't buy now

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Ohhh, I see! Thanks for that...I ate them too fast to call them anything, really
Also of course, being a person with impeccable manners,
you don't speak with your mouth full!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Also of course, being a person with impeccable manners,
you don't speak with your mouth full!
Of course, Baz! Heaven forbid a sweet should fall from my mouth and land on the floor! What a waste that would be
Baz46
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:27 AM

Of course, Baz! Heaven forbid a sweet should fall from my mouth and land on the floor! What a waste that would be
No chance, surely you would pick it up and carry on munching? Waste not, want not!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:57 AM

No chance, surely you would pick it up and carry on munching? Waste not, want not!
I was never that kind of child, Baz *sniffs haughtily*

My daughter was though...never got it from me though. "The devil missed it, god kissed it" she used to say, as she popped the dirty sweet back in her mouth.
Baz46

22-06-2021, 09:13 AM

I was never that kind of child, Baz *sniffs haughtily*
I should have guessed that from your comment that you don't speak with your mouth full!

My daughter was though...never got it from me though. "The devil missed it, god kissed it" she used to say, as she popped the dirty sweet back in her mouth.
Good for developing the immune system though! A far worse one than that or anything else I have ever heard, was one of my family who used to eat earthworms!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-06-2021, 09:37 AM

A far worse one than that or anything else I have ever heard, was one of my family who used to eat earthworms!
Err...ok. Well maybe they wanted to know what being a mole was like? Or, perhaps training for an imminent apocalypse? No actually, I cannot think of one single (earthly!) reason why anyone would eat worms.

Ahhh...wait...it might not be a person after all! Nearly got me there, Baz!
Baz46

22-06-2021, 09:47 AM

Err...ok. Well maybe they wanted to know what being a mole was like? Or, perhaps training for an imminent apocalypse? No actually, I cannot think of one single (earthly!) reason why anyone would eat worms.

Ahhh...wait...it might not be a person after all! Nearly got me there, Baz!
It was a female person and to this day, some 70 years' on, I have never fathomed out why!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

22-06-2021, 09:51 AM

It was a female person and to this day, some 70 years' on, I have never fathomed out why!
Hormones...thats usually the reason for some of our odd behaviours! Maybe she was pregnant?
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Anyone remember Dolly Mixtures? I always picked what we called, the ju-ju's out first!
oh yes, one of my favourites, the ju ju's as well, dolly mixtures that you get now are not the same
I remember a sweet that we got years ago, looked like big dolly mixtures, but I can't remember what they were called..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 05:50 PM

Toffee Teacakes?

Page 8 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top