Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:30 PM

Skin tags

Anyone tried Cryotag skin tag remover? Or any other similar products? Did they work? I've got a skin tag under my arm, which is really irritating, and a little embarrassing because it has grown so long and just hangs there

I would dearly love to get it removed, and as GPs no longer offer this service it's either go private (£££££) or do it myself. I don't mind paying out 20-odd quid if I know it's reliable....

So does anyone have any first hand experience?
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:36 PM

Re: Skin tags

Get someone to tie a thickish hair tightly around the base of it and it'll die and fall off. Horse's tail hair is ideal or anything as strong such as dental floss will do. Read about it HERE .
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Get someone to tie a thickish hair tightly around the base of it and it'll die and fall off. Horse's tail hair is ideal or anything as strong such as dental floss will do. Read about it HERE .
I did get my daughter to try this for me once, but it hurt so much when she pulled it tight that I cried out in pain, and she stopped. Wimp that I am, haha!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I've done that a couple of times, that was after my GP used that method over 50 years' ago,
it just cuts off the blood supply. No cost and never any problems either.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

16-06-2021, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I've done that a couple of times, that was after my GP used that method over 50 years' ago,
it just cuts off the blood supply. No cost and never any problems either.
You're obviously made of sterner stuff than me. I thought I had a high pain threshold, but flipping' 'eck it really hurt!
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
You're obviously made of sterner stuff than me. I thought I had a high pain threshold, but flipping' 'eck it really hurt!
Yes, but it only hurts the once! Just think of the result and that might take the thoughts of the pain away. Pain is all in the mind anyway – mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:16 PM

I once had one on my neck. I was always twisting it and one day it just came off
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:30 PM

Is that what used to be called a mole on the skin
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:33 PM

I am covered in moles on stalks, my Dad have them as well. Some of mine are quite big, the one on my back is the biggest.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I did get my daughter to try this for me once, but it hurt so much when she pulled it tight that I cried out in pain, and she stopped. Wimp that I am, haha!

Sheba, are you absolutely sure it is a skin tag before you go messing about with it?

If I were you, I'd pop along to a chemist and ask to speak to the pharmacist. I find my local one is far more organised and efficient than the flippin' GP's are, and see what he suggests.
Our pharmacy even has a little room if you require a private consultation, so if yours has that, perhaps you could show him the problem tag and see what he says.
Best of luck.

P.S. Have a read of this NHS advice on tags.
It does say at the very bottom of the page never to try and remove large ones yourself, as they can bleed quite profusely, so do be careful.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/skin-tags/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top