Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:35 PM

Re: Skin tags

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Is that what used to be called a mole on the skin

No. Skin tags and moles are not the same thing.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sheba, are you absolutely sure it is a skin tag before you go messing about with it?

If I were you, I'd pop along to a chemist and ask to speak to the pharmacist. I find my local one is far more organised and efficient than the flippin' GP's are, and see what he suggests.
Our pharmacy even has a little room if you require a private consultation, so if yours has that, perhaps you could show him the problem tag and see what he says.
Best of luck.
Thanks Mups, that's good advice. But, yes, I am positive it is a skin tag. It looks exactly like virtually all the pictures I've seen of them online, and it's in one of the most common places for skin tags, right up high under my arm, where there's friction to cause one. But you are right, perhaps I should just run it by a pharmacist first.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I once had one on my neck. I was always twisting it and one day it just came off
Now you see, I would expect me to fiddle with it and twist it, cos that's the sort of person I am, can't leave things alone. But this sort of makes my feel a bit cringey, so I never touch it!
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:40 PM

I stuck a plaster over one for a few days. It turned brown then fell off by itself. Best get it checked though, just to be safe.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

16-06-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Is that what used to be called a mole on the skin
No, I think a mole is something entirely different, I don't think they hang like this. This isn't dark coloured like a mole, it's exactly the same colour as the surrounding skin. It's just as if some slack skin has twisted itself round until it's created a 'neck' and it just hangs there.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

16-06-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I stuck a plaster over one for a few days. It turned brown then fell off by itself. Best get it checked though, just to be safe.
I had planned to put a plaster on it tonight anyway, because I'm sort of afraid it's going to get caught on clothing and snag and tear off - then it'd probably bleed.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

16-06-2021, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I am covered in moles on stalks, my Dad have them as well. Some of mine are quite big, the one on my back is the biggest.
See I didn't know you could get moles on stalks. I've got lots of moles, my Mum had them as well. I had a large one on my boob removed many years ago, made me feel quite unwell when they cauterised it, the smell of burning flesh But they're not on stalks, they're flat, or just a bit raised.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I had planned to put a plaster on it tonight anyway, because I'm sort of afraid it's going to get caught on clothing and snag and tear off - then it'd probably bleed.
Yes, its probably a good idea to protect it. I stuck a plaster on, left it for about a week. It went flat and a bit brown and I poked at it with some tweezers (because I panicked thinking I had done something terrible!) It simply fell off with no mark left behind or anything. All has been well since, not grown back or anything.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

16-06-2021, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Yes, but it only hurts the once! Just think of the result and that might take the thoughts of the pain away. Pain is all in the mind anyway – mind over matter, if you don't mind it doesn't matter!
Yes that's very true. But I started worrying about a foreign body possibly cutting into my skin and causing an infection, so I don't think the tie-off method is for me.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:51 PM

I had a skin tag on my neck last year, I twiddled it back and forth for 1 - 2 months then one day I noticed it had gone.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top