Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 09:53 PM

Re: Skin tags

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Yes, its probably a good idea to protect it. I stuck a plaster on, left it for about a week. It went flat and a bit brown and I poked at it with some tweezers (because I panicked thinking I had done something terrible!) It simply fell off with no mark left behind or anything. All has been well since, not grown back or anything.
Right you've convinced me! I'm gonna do that tonight and see what happens.

Talking of plasters - my daughter put a blister plaster on her foot today because some sandals were rubbing. Tonight she pulled it off and it pulled a patch of skin off with it . I mean, she didn't even have a blister to begin with, but she thought the plaster would stop the shoe rubbing. Now it's gonna hurt even more when it rubs!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Right you've convinced me! I'm gonna do that tonight and see what happens.

Talking of plasters - my daughter put a blister plaster on her foot today because some sandals were rubbing. Tonight she pulled it off and it pulled a patch of skin off with it . I mean, she didn't even have a blister to begin with, but she thought the plaster would stop the shoe rubbing. Now it's gonna hurt even more when it rubs!

Might be an idea to buy the 'Sensitive' plasters?
Even so, I'd still change it every couple of days, to keep an eye on what's going on underneath.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2021, 10:40 PM

See I didn't know you could get moles on stalks. I've got lots of moles, my Mum had them as well. I had a large one on my boob removed many years ago, made me feel quite unwell when they cauterised it, the smell of burning flesh But they're not on stalks, they're flat, or just a bit raised.
Googled & mine are skin tags, I always thought they were another form of a mole. Mine are flesh coloured too with a knob on the end of a stalk. I sometimes catch the biggest one on my neck in my silver chain. I do have a lot, got one on my left arm pit too. That one is small though.
I also have a lot of moles that are moles.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 01:58 AM

Those freezer skin tag removers do work, I always carry one in my car to remove ticks but a friend saw it and used it on their skin tag, basically just died and fell off (just like a Tick).

Quick and painless with no messing about.

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Those freezer skin tag removers do work, I always carry one in my car to remove ticks but a friend saw it and used it on their skin tag, basically just died and fell off (just like a Tick).

Quick and painless with no messing about.

Oh thanks for that Bruce. Must admit it hadn't occurred to me that you could use the same thing for ticks, what a great idea! I might tell my kids about that, cos their dogs easily pick those little blighters up, especially when they're walking over the moors!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

17-06-2021, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Googled & mine are skin tags, I always thought they were another form of a mole. Mine are flesh coloured too with a knob on the end of a stalk. I sometimes catch the biggest one on my neck in my silver chain. I do have a lot, got one on my left arm pit too. That one is small though.
I also have a lot of moles that are moles.
Oh really? I'd imagined yours were darker, 'mole' coloured, which led you to believe they were moles! Must be irritating to have them on your neck and catch them in jewellery
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

17-06-2021, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Might be an idea to buy the 'Sensitive' plasters?
Even so, I'd still change it every couple of days, to keep an eye on what's going on underneath.

Yes I think you're right there Mups. I might try to pick her some up today and drop them round. She's just had a new pair of shoes delivered to my house today (cos she's never in for deliveries), so she'll very likely be needing them!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 12:43 PM

I had a couple on my neck Sheba, I stretched them out between my thumb and forefinger and cut them off with scissors....
The pain was excruciating but you can't stick it back on and it was soon over and done with...Bled a lot too...But they haven't come back.....They wouldn't dare!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK

17-06-2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I had a couple on my neck Sheba, I stretched them out between my thumb and forefinger and cut them off with scissors....
The pain was excruciating but you can't stick it back on and it was soon over and done with...Bled a lot too...But they haven't come back.....They wouldn't dare!
Ooh OGF I am wincing just thinking about this . There is not a cat in hell's chance of me ever being that brave!! I hope you sterilised the scissors first
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2021, 04:05 PM

Oh really? I'd imagined yours were darker, 'mole' coloured, which led you to believe they were moles! Must be irritating to have them on your neck and catch them in jewellery
I think they are hereditary because my Father had them as well. I just thought they were another type of mole, but not dark, so you have educated me there.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top