Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 12:49 AM

Re: Is feeling cold - old age related?

I definitely feel the cold more than I did when I was younger. I remember not using a doona - you call it a duvet - until the very dead of winter. Just a sheet and one light blanket was more than enough for me even in autumn. Now I use one a lot more and in mid winter. i.e.now, I use two doonas on my side of the bed.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 04:56 AM

I feel the cold too...I have a throw in the lounge where I watch TV or sit with my laptop...I often have it around my shoulders in the evening like an old granny......oh wait...come to think of it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 05:04 AM

Hi

All part of the ageing process, our hearts become less efficient.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:35 AM

My house is always warm because I'm always cold and I hate the long winter days and nights

I always find other peoples houses colder than mine so I always take a wrap , but I've always been this way

My feet are always cold too .
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 09:08 AM

Many of us are probably on medication, blood thinners are the ones that can cause us to feel colder. Also not many of us move around as quickly as we used to when younger and our metabolic rates are often slower too, both will mean our bodies are not becoming as warm as they used to be. I just keep wrapped up if feeling colder is something that cannot be changed any other way.

Providing I wake up every morning all the above can be mostly ignored. The day that doesn't happen I will not be very pleased, there will be nothing I can do about that though so will just have to accept it!
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

18-06-2021, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Many of us are probably on medication, blood thinners are the ones that can cause us to feel colder. Also not many of us move around as quickly as we used to when younger and our metabolic rates are often slower too, both will mean our bodies are not becoming as warm as they used to be. I just keep wrapped up if feeling colder is something that cannot be changed any other way.

Providing I wake up every morning all the above can be mostly ignored. The day that doesn't happen I will not be very pleased, there will be nothing I can do about that though so will just have to accept it!
Love it!!
I'm not on blood thinners but my feet and ankles are up like pudding in the evenings. However, it's all better than the alternative, my OH was just 64 when he died. I count my blessings.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

18-06-2021, 11:56 AM

Thank you all and bless you, it's a relief to know I'm not just whinging and it's my imagination. I have a warm jumper on today and feel a bit warmer.

Actually, it's cooler inside than it is out since I had my walls insulated. The chaps who did it said this would happen in the summer.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
Love it!!
I'm not on blood thinners but my feet and ankles are up like pudding in the evenings. However, it's all better than the alternative, my OH was just 64 when he died. I count my blessings.
Not quite sure what you mean by this, possibly swollen feet and ankles? That being the case then this could be a sign of a health problem, maybe you should get that checked out?

I have an annual health MoT, one of the first questions asked is "do you ever have swollen ankles or feet?" That may be because I had a heart attack 12+ years' ago but other than than I don't know of anything else that causes that. Personally though if I had that problem without having had the heart attack I would be getting it checked out.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

18-06-2021, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Not quite sure what you mean by this, possibly swollen feet and ankles? That being the case then this could be a sign of a health problem, maybe you should get that checked out?

I have an annual health MoT, one of the first questions asked is "do you ever have swollen ankles or feet?" That may be because I had a heart attack 12+ years' ago but other than than I don't know of anything else that causes that. Personally though if I had that problem without having had the heart attack I would be getting it checked out.
Thank you, I usually have an MOT around March but Covid has spoiled all sorts of things. Yes, that's what I meant but I'm old so expect my body to misbehave. I might give my doc's a ring and ask if I can have my MOT sooner rather than later. I tend to try not to bother them because there are younger people than me more ill than me.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 03:49 PM

Oldbod, your health matters to doctors equally as much as young people. They get well paid to make sure everyone is healthy, so yes, ask for your MOT.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top