Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

18-06-2021, 04:12 PM

Re: Is feeling cold - old age related?

Thanks, Pixie Knuckles, I will, I nearly lost the thread there, I clicked on the wrong link...
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Oldbod ->
Thank you, I usually have an MOT around March but Covid has spoiled all sorts of things. Yes, that's what I meant but I'm old so expect my body to misbehave. I might give my doc's a ring and ask if I can have my MOT sooner rather than later. I tend to try not to bother them because there are younger people than me more ill than me.
Just because as you say "I'm old and expect my body to misbehave" that doesn't mean you have to accept that you shouldn't be checked out and given medication if required. That is aside from your annual MoT, not your problem that is later than usual. You shouldn't "ask" either, you should insist. Why should your wellbeing be a "bother", it's your right to be looked after properly irrespective of age, that is what GPs are so well-paid to do.

What you are experiencing is a symptom of something I reckon, at the very least if there's no serious problem you should at least be advised how to reduce that swelling and possibly be prescribed diuretics to help.
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

18-06-2021, 08:13 PM

A funny thing happened this afternoon, my doc rang me - by mistake!

I will ring next week for a telephone appointment - at least.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:11 PM

A funny thing happened this afternoon, my doc rang me - by mistake!

I will ring next week for a telephone appointment - at least.
Perhaps your doctor is feeling guilty. Let's hope you get an appointment. Feeling too hot or too cold can indicate a problem with the pituitary gland so it's important to get it investigated.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 12:19 AM

I feel the cold more than I used to. Things like getting out of the shower when I'm all wet is something I don't look forward to. Torso seems to feel the cold but legs never! Maybe because I always used to wear shorts at work or when I was tramping in the ranges or deer hunting. Even now, in the middle of winter I'm quite happy in shorts but have wear scarf and several layers on top end.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oldbod, your health matters to doctors equally as much as young people. They get well paid to make sure everyone is healthy, so yes, ask for your MOT.

People keep saying "go and see your doctor", in response to your medical discussions.

Living here, in Berkshire, I'm more likely to be able to have lunch with the Queen rather than get in to see a Doctor.

The local surgery is now mostly a Vaccine Centre, plus you have to make sure to charge your phone batteries before you join the telephone queue!
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

19-06-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
People keep saying "go and see your doctor", in response to your medical discussions.

Living here, in Berkshire, I'm more likely to be able to have lunch with the Queen rather than get in to see a Doctor.

The local surgery is now mostly a Vaccine Centre, plus you have to make sure to charge your phone batteries before you join the telephone queue!
I have heard before that there is a problem getting to see a Doctor in your area. In fact other areas in the South of England. You have my sympathy, it must be quite worrying.

We are very lucky in this town - I think in this area, as to doctors. Covid, of course, has thrown everything out of kilter but I for one could never complain. Our area health authority seems to be on its toes.

My doc' yesterday rang me in mistake for someone else with exactly the same name.
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

20-06-2021, 02:02 PM

It is 20.5 ºc in this room but I feel cold, even wearing a cardigan over my T-shirt. My feet are seldom warm, I wear bedsocks most nights. I'm old, so is this normal?
I've always suffered cold hands, and feet, and usually feel the cold easily. Just bad circulation.
I've noticed in cold wet weather, old injuries play up, currently my ankles. It's quite normal for me, but has got worse as I've got older.
Hope you get checked up if it's a concern.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 05:54 PM

Old bod 20.5 is nothing .
21 is the minimum I can put up with and that’s with a jumper on .
I stoked up the wood burner yesterday and today we have the heating on set to 21 degrees .
I have always felt the cold and give me warmth and plenty of it !
Oldbod
United Kingdom
Oldbod is female 

21-06-2021, 02:02 PM

Thank you all - mainly for reassuring me I'm not a wimp or just whinging.

I have just turned the heating on and ordered a poncho from Amazon.

Muddy, I love your profile photos, you are very talented.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top