Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 05:11 PM

Re: Liberals win By Election

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Much as it hurts me to say I'm shocked at what a total buggers muddle BoJo has been making for far too long.
I always thought he was a bit of a buffoon, but when they made him PM, I thought there must be more to him than I realised. It turns there wasn't.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I always thought he was a bit of a buffoon, but when they made him PM, I thought there must be more to him than I realised. It turns there wasn't.
Someone wrote an interest in letter to the Private Eye about bojo, pointing out that he (bojo):

Won a scholarship to Eton
Won a scholarship to Oxford
Became a successful journalist and editor of the New Statesman
Was elected mayor of London twice
Was a foreign secretary
Was a major player in getting Brexit referendum through
Was elected as PM.

He must have something going for him. Surely he can't have fooled his way through all of it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Someone wrote an interest in letter to the Private Eye about bojo, pointing out that he (bojo):

Won a scholarship to Eton
Won a scholarship to Oxford
Became a successful journalist and editor of the New Statesman
Was elected mayor of London twice
Was a foreign secretary
Was a major player in getting Brexit referendum through
Was elected as PM.

He must have something going for him. Surely he can't have fooled his way through all of it.
I'm not saying he isn't highly intelligent; I'm sure he is. And I've heard he's quite an expert when it comes to the Classics, whatever they are. I bet he's not much good at putting up shelves, though. And I don't think he's much good a running a country. I recon Boris's success as London Mayor was down to the quality of the people around him. Just as I reckon his failure as a PM is down to the quality of the people around him. I seem to remember him making a bit of a hash of the job of foreign secretary. As for the Brexit campaign, I think his part in it was thoroughly dishonourable. There was a time when he could have gone either way, and he chose the path he considered would best further his ambitions. There was no conviction involved, it was purely a career strategy.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'm not saying he isn't highly intelligent; I'm sure he is. And I've heard he's quite an expert when it comes to the Classics, whatever they are. I bet he's not much good at putting up shelves, though. And I don't think he's much good a running a country. I recon Boris's success as London Mayor was down to the quality of the people around him. Just as I reckon his failure as a PM is down to the quality of the people around him. I seem to remember him making a bit of a hash of the job of foreign secretary. As for the Brexit campaign, I think his part in it was thoroughly dishonourable. There was a time when he could have gone either way, and he chose the path he considered would best further his ambitions. There was no conviction involved, it was purely a career strategy.
The fact that he got elected as pm was down to the failure of opposition parties to put together a credible team with credible policies as an alternative to an increasingly unpopular government.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:25 PM

Hi

Boris has also been sacked twice for lying.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

18-06-2021, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

As said, it's a sad reflection on the quality and quantity of alternatives.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:34 PM

Hi

For a British politician especially a prime minister that would be remarkably few!

However how about telling us what you think they were?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 07:23 PM

Hi

Well he did'nt actually lie about brexit, because from day one he
promised to get a deal !!
He just wasn't clear on the type of deal ??

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Most likely a protest vote.

Wake up Boris - the country are fed up with your lockdown BS.
I agree with that.

The Constituents who have never had a leftie or limpdem MP might well be the ones prepared to risk having such to make a point.

Maybe Boris should shift a bit more towards pleasing the Business man, and the upper crust, and get the working man back in to work!

The lockdown is no longer seen as a saver of humanity, as I see it!

swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I agree with that.

The Constituents who have never had a leftie or limpdem MP might well be the ones prepared to risk having such to make a point.

Maybe Boris should shift a bit more towards pleasing the Business man, and the upper crust, and get the working man back in to work!

The lockdown is no longer seen as a saver of humanity, as I see it!

Hi

The Tories have analysed the results.

Lockdown was not the issue.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top