Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:08 PM

Re: Border Farce acting illegally

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Send the SOB's and their kids to the Isle of Man --- they deserve each other.
I once had a dream where you were in a position of authority, Todger. Talk about waking up in a cold sweat.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'll ask the question again. Where do the Frogs house them all?

At least that's a bit of good news, and I don't blame the hotel owners one little bit. I sincerely hope they've cleaned the places up since kicking them out.

All of this is an enormous problem affecting the whole country simply because our glorious leaders are incapable of taking a stand.

They should have turned them around right at the beginning. Funny how we would be held accountable for any deaths at sea, but the Frogs wouldn't.

The government will never take a stand in dealing with immigration because there is too much foreign money in the UK and those trying to enter the country illegally come from countries that have heavily invested in the UK. London is practically owned by the rulers and wealthy of Arab countries. Do you honestly think that the government is going to clamp down on illegals from those countries? of course not because they are afraid that the Arabs will pull there money out of London which could cause a huge amount of problems.

The government past and present were fools to allow heavy foreign investment in the UK because now it is being used against them to prevent the government from stopping illegal entry to the UK.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:26 PM

Hold up, Dodge. I was under the impression that a majority of the illegals entering the UK were either sub-Saharan Africans, Sudanese, or Vietnamese, etc. In any case, whatever their nationality, why can't they be put to work on the farms where the farmers are crying in their tea because they lack the East European workforce they used to rely on?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
The government will never take a stand in dealing with immigration because there is too much foreign money in the UK and those trying to enter the country illegally come from countries that have heavily invested in the UK.
This is something you would only expect to see in an absurd comment competition. And it would be regarded as a damned good effort, I may say.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-06-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
why can't they be put to work on the farms where the farmers are crying in their tea because they lack the East European workforce they used to rely on?
Please tell me that's not a serious question, Percy.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Please tell me that's not a serious question, Percy.
Yes. While their asylum applications are being sorted out, it would allow the farmers to get their produce out, relieve the pressure on the Government's coffers, let the hoteliers have their hotels/guest houses back. The farmers have decent living accommodation available for them already and, any money they earn over a certain minimum could be used to provide them with basic healthcare, etc.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-06-2021, 04:48 PM

Yes. While their asylum applications are being sorted out, it would allow the farmers to get their produce out, relieve the pressure on the Government's coffers, let the hoteliers have their hotels/guest houses back. The farmers have decent living accommodation available for them already and, any money they earn over a certain minimum could be used to provide them with basic healthcare, etc.
1. It is bound to contravene some human rights law or other.

2. Most of them would probably just scarper.

3. Most of the buggers wouldn't do any work.

4. The rest of the buggers probably aren't fit for work.

I feel sure there must be many more reasons why it's not feasible, Percy.
Percy Vere

19-06-2021, 04:54 PM

1. It is bound to contravene some human rights law or other.

2. Most of them would probably just scarper.

3. Most of the buggers wouldn't do any work.

4. The rest of the buggers probably aren't fit for work.

I feel sure there must be many more reasons why it's not feasible, Percy.
1. Perhaps, but at least they would be out of sight of the general public and not wandering the streets/thieving, etc.
2. Aren't they free to scarper now? Maybe tag them?
3. They don't contribute now so what's wrong in trying to get them to?
4. They soon would be after a few days in the fields.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:59 PM

I once had a dream where you were in a position of authority, Todger. Talk about waking up in a cold sweat.
Probably well placed prescience on your part.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

19-06-2021, 05:00 PM

1. Perhaps, but at least they would be out of sight of the general public and not wandering the streets/thieving, etc.
2. Aren't they free to scarper now? Maybe tag them?
3. They don't contribute now so what's wrong in trying to get them to?
4. They soon would be after a few days in the fields.
I can see how determined you are, Percy, so I won't bother trying to talk you out of it.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top