Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:00 PM

Re: PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Boris can be forgiven as he is a Gemini just like Primus1 and me !!

Or does that say it all?
My best friend since childhood is a very typical Gemini!

I'm keeping schtum..
on the grounds that I might incriminate myself
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Heard it on TV, after being hospitalised with Covid guess he will be celebrating in style.
At someone else's expense, no doubt.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 04:13 PM

I doubt he ever had Covid.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I doubt he ever had Covid.
So the whole hospital where he had treatment all lied on his behalf?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
So the whole hospital where he had treatment all lied on his behalf?
No, but its very suspect how he has absolutely no regard for the work that the nurses did to "save his life" other than to name his little chuckle after them. You'd think if someone saved your life, you would bend over backwards to do everything you could to help. i.e. give them a payrise. AND for someone so unhealthy, he got over it pretty quickly.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
No, but its very suspect how he has absolutely no regard for the work that the nurses did to "save his life" other than to name his little chuckle after them. You'd think if someone saved your life, you would bend over backwards to do everything you could to help. i.e. give them a payrise. AND for someone so unhealthy, he got over it pretty quickly.
They have had a pay rise. The average nurse's salary is around £33,000 - £35,000 for a band 5 nurse. Starting salary is circa £18,000 for a Band 1, rising to £19,300 when they get to band two.

If they culled the number of useless bureaucrats, temp agency nurses, and overpaid consultants, maybe the money could be put to better use, including more generous pay increases should the need arise.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Boris Johnson · Born
19 Jun 1964

Erm! So???
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
They have had a pay rise. The average nurse's salary is around £33,000 - £35,000 for a band 5 nurse. Starting salary is circa £18,000 for a Band 1, rising to £19,300 when they get to band two.

If they culled the number of useless bureaucrats, temp agency nurses, and overpaid consultants, maybe the money could be put to better use, including more generous pay increases should the need arise.
#
Hi

I disagree about salaries.

https://uk.jobted.com/salary/staff-nurse

The highest paid are ICU Nurses, which I have recently spent a lot of time with.

English nurses are now being charged to qualify and start on very low salaries.

We need to go back to the old system, free training but you stay with the NHS for 3 years after qualification.

I agree about Agency Nurses, they get a mint, but that is simply because we are not training our own.

As for Management, I agree entirely.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
My best friend since childhood is a very typical Gemini!

I'm keeping schtum..
on the grounds that I might incriminate myself
Oo, what’s a typical gemini rhian..?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
#
Hi

I disagree about salaries.

https://uk.jobted.com/salary/staff-nurse

The highest paid are ICU Nurses, which I have recently spent a lot of time with.

English nurses are now being charged to qualify and start on very low salaries.

We need to go back to the old system, free training but you stay with the NHS for 3 years after qualification.

I agree about Agency Nurses, they get a mint, but that is simply because we are not training our own.

As for Management, I agree entirely.
I agree with you about hospital management - it's far too top heavy but I disagree with you and your link regarding nurses salaries. I've posted, in the past, a link from the NHS giving nurses pay scales but, here's another one from the nurses.co.uk web-site giving all of the pay scales:

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/

Agency nurses are, on the whole, very well trained. They are also probably, under normal circumstances, normal nurses doing a few extra shifts at another hospital to the one they normally work at.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top