Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:02 PM

Can we ever trust anyone

Can we really trust our friends? Should we trust them or should we be wary?

I've been deeply hurt in the past and I'm wary of everyone now. Then tonight I've had a message from one friend telling me to be wary of this other friend and I don't know if it is jealousy or that I shouldn't trust this friend. She didn't elaborate and hasn't answered my message as to what she means.

I am beginning to think I'm better off with no friends as I only trust myself and my husband these days!

How old are my friends? Oh yeah, they are both in their 50s!!!!!! Schoolyard stuff and I;m fed up of it.

So do you trust all your friends?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:05 PM

Re: Can we ever trust anyone

If someone sent me message like that, without explanation, I would think she was up to no good to be honest, Queenie.
Best keep out of it.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:07 PM

Do you Trust yourself?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:19 PM

I wouldn't trust anyone who sent me a message like that Queenie - especially if they wouldn't elaborate. I find it hard to trust people nowadays....everyone has their own agenda, it seems, and acting in their own interests. I would ask her again what she means, and if she doesn't explain, just keep your distance. People who talk about others, talk about you too, I have found out.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Can we really trust our friends? Should we trust them or should we be wary?

I've been deeply hurt in the past and I'm wary of everyone now. Then tonight I've had a message from one friend telling me to be wary of this other friend and I don't know if it is jealousy or that I shouldn't trust this friend. She didn't elaborate and hasn't answered my message as to what she means.

I am beginning to think I'm better off with no friends as I only trust myself and my husband these days!

How old are my friends? Oh yeah, they are both in their 50s!!!!!! Schoolyard stuff and I;m fed up of it.

So do you trust all your friends?
Reserve judgment. It may be that the friend has fallen out with your other friend and is trying to get you on her side by creating suspicion in your mind. Don't rush to judgment but get the full facts first.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:25 PM

There is no such thing as facts, where folk are concerned.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
There is no such thing as facts, where folk are concerned.
Agreed. Someone said to me once "There's my truth, their truth, and the truth in between"
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:52 PM

So long as you have your lovely Golden Girls friends - it seems from what you've said about them that they are your real friends.

The other? - schoolyard stuff as you say.

Don't waste your time on them Queenie. x
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 12:42 AM

I suppose it depends on what you mean by trust.

For me, trust means being able to rely on someone to help during times of great need.

Many years ago, I broke my back when I fell off a roof. After the hospital released me, I was still unable to do anything except to lie in bed in great pain.

At that time I had 2 female friends who were best friends with each other. I loved to cook for them, one at a time, and had them over for dinner quite often. Not only that but I was always available to fix what needed repair on either of their homes. I thought, "Surely, they are the best of friends".

Did either of them show up to lend me a hand, perhaps to cook a simple meal ? No. Even help me to change the wet, sweaty sheets on my bed ? No ! Maybe to even go grocery shopping for me ? No.

After that experience, I trust no one.

When living in Asia, I had numerous girl friends, but I didn't delude myself. They were only around me for what I could provide. And certainly not because they cared for me.

Trust ? I think that is a bad joke.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2021, 05:23 AM

If you want a true and loyal friend,get a dog.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top