Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 08:55 PM

Hacksaw Ridge - Wow

Just finished watching Hacksaw Ridge, this is the most powerful and best war film ever made in my opinion, made me cry to know this was a true story. Desmond Doss was a conscientious objector who was certainly no coward but a HERO. Wow, just wow I'm blown away. Highly recommend this but be prepared to be on the edge of your seat and have the tissues by your side. Wow. Wow. Wow
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 10:15 PM

Re: Hacksaw Ridge - Wow

Pleased you enjoyed it, Lion Queen.
I haven't seen it myself but I'm always on the lookout for a good film for a Friday night so I'll order it from Amazon.

I've seen Andrew Garfield in a film called 99 Homes which starred the very underrated Michael Shannon who was a star of the TV series Boardwalk Empire.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:47 AM

Hacksaw Ridge is indeed a cracking film. A bit of a slow burn to start with but developes nicely into an outstanding story made all the more poignant because it's based on real life events.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:47 AM

I went to see it at the cinema on the big screen when it first came out, an amazing film LQ, and what an extraordinary act of bravery saving so many lives without a thought for his own safety....The shooting and killing was so bad that stray bullets took out the first three rows of spectators in the cinema!.....
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I went to see it at the cinema on the big screen when it first came out, an amazing film LQ, and what an extraordinary act of bravery saving so many lives without a thought for his own safety....The shooting and killing was so bad that stray bullets took out the first three rows of spectators in the cinema!.....
Aye, damned 3D.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

I'm still blown away about it today, I can't stop thinking about it, I don't think I have ever seen a film as powerful as this that made me feel all sorts of emotions, I was literally sat on the edge of my seat actually imagining the fear those soldiers must have felt, it really was every man for himself in the fighting, my heart broke thinking how those lives of the survivors must have been affected mentally.
And dthe man Doss, well what can I say.

I cried, I felt fear, I felt exhilerated when that man could see after doss wiped his eyes, all sorts.

Marvellous film of life how it really happened.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Just finished watching Hacksaw Ridge, this is the most powerful and best war film ever made in my opinion, made me cry to know this was a true story. Desmond Doss was a conscientious objector who was certainly no coward but a HERO. Wow, just wow I'm blown away. Highly recommend this but be prepared to be on the edge of your seat and have the tissues by your side. Wow. Wow. Wow
Great film LQ, I usually just sit at my computer screen when HWMO watches a war film, but Hacksaw Ridge soon caught my attention and I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Very exciting film.
Put it on par with my favourites The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

29-07-2019, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Great film LQ, I usually just sit at my computer screen when HWMO watches a war film, but Hacksaw Ridge soon caught my attention and I thoroughly enjoyed the film. Very exciting film.
Put it on par with my favourites The Green Mile and The Shawshank Redemption.
Yes SG, those two films were very powerful films too, oh man, I cried buckets at Green Mile and do each time I watch it.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2019, 09:08 PM

I watched it in the evening after my mum's funeral

I cried and cried and cried x
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2019, 12:04 AM

I watched it tonight. What a stunning film. Thank you, Lion Queen for the heads up on this brilliant movie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top