Join for free
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:37 PM

Re: Is it war??

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
No, I haven't. Please enlighten me without bending the facts to suit "your truth" please.
Neither did I. Could that be because there aren't any?
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
No need to apologize my dear zappy! Anyone and everyone can make a mistake! Even you. It just proves you're only human.

As for those french fishermen, they just trusted on that amically reached agreement you referred to, to be extended. And why shouldn't they put their trust in that? Jersey fishermen are still allowed to fish in french waters.

Where?
There is no apology in my post because I'm not apologising; you have too vivid an imagination.
Unlike you I have nothing to apologise for and BTW, it's you that keeps getting things wrong.
Read back and see.

Your French fishermen were too darned lazy to do what they should have done.
Either that or they were too deceitful.
It can only be one or the other but now they're paying the price.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:42 PM

Did you read what france requires from jersey fishermen to grant the reciprocal licence?
What has that got to do with French fishermen complaining about licenses to fish in Jersey's waters?
Nothing.

Again: French fishermen were either too lazy or too deceitful to bother.
It's that simple.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
What has that got to do with French fishermen complaining about licenses to fish in Jersey's waters?
Nothing.

It's that simple.
On the plus side. It gives them lots of time to stand on the quays, preventing jersey boats landing their catch.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 04:49 PM

Interesting take on this by James Crisp

Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 09:57 PM

No, it says until 1st january 2021.

From 2004 until 31 December 2020, Jersey and France shared responsibility for the management of fishing in the area between three and twelve miles off Jersey’s coast under terms agreed in the Bay of Granville Agreement, which France and the UK had signed in 2000.
After the UK left the EU in 2020, the Bay of Granville Agreement no longer had effect and Jersey's fishing relationship with France changed to be governed by the EU–UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement. This requires that Jersey allow licenced European vessels to fish in its territorial waters.
In other words Solly, the EU and UK interfered in Jersey's
sovreignty on the first of January 2020 ??
Surely this is contrary to international law if jersey didn't sign a new
agreement before the implementation of the new arrangement ?
This does not appear to have been done ?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
In other words Solly, the EU and UK interfered in Jersey's
sovreignty on the first of January 2020 ??
Surely this is contrary to international law if jersey didn't sign a new
agreement before the implementation of the new arrangement ?
This does not appear to have been done ?
I agree.

I believe that the truth is that the Frogs saw Jersey as a small, insignificant and weak target for their attempts at subversion (which is, after all, their usual way).

What a shock they got when two Royal Navy warships (small though they may be) happened to turn up!

Then the Frogs sent a couple of their warships, but they had the sense not to 'push it'. They knew full well that they would only attract even more attention from the RN if they tried it on and, in true French fashion, kept their distance!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I agree.

I believe that the truth is that the Frogs saw Jersey as a small, insignificant and weak target for their attempts at subversion (which is, after all, their usual way).

What a shock they got when two Royal Navy warships (small though they may be) happened to turn up!

Then the Frogs sent a couple of their warships, but they had the sense not to 'push it'. They knew full well that they would only attract even more attention from the RN if they tried it on and, in true French fashion, kept their distance!
Shades of " The mouse that roared " JBR eh??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

09-05-2021, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Nothing.

It's that simple.
Exactly that Zaphod !!
At last we agree on something!! ( I think?)

Donkeyman! 👍😀😀👍
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2021, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Shades of " The mouse that roared " JBR eh??
Well, yes, but it wasn't the 'mouse', it was the mouse's big brother!

Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top