Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:26 AM

Re: Bookmarks

I read a lot, mostly in bed and I like a "real" book not an electronic one. Like Meg I have a drawer full of bookmarks, 3D ones, pretty metal ones with butterflies etc on the ends, even one with a twirling globe of the world which my Japanese friend sent me, but I mostly end up using "advertising" ones which seem to be on counters in many shops for people to take. I donīt know why I keep taking them, itīs not as if I need them.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 03:57 PM

I do have proper bookmarks, but they never seem to be at hand when I need them, invariably I use an old till receipt, although mostly read these days from my kindle, so finding my place isn't a problem.

Trying to think what unusual things I have found as book marks left by others, a strip of someone's medication, is one I remember
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 04:59 PM

I make my own book marks and laminate them to keep them clean.
Also sell lots of children's personalized ones on Ebay. Here are some samples.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 09:51 PM

Ooh, you clever old stick maursey, they're smashing.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I read a lot, mostly in bed and I like a "real" book not an electronic one. Like Meg I have a drawer full of bookmarks, 3D ones, pretty metal ones with butterflies etc on the ends, even one with a twirling globe of the world which my Japanese friend sent me, but I mostly end up using "advertising" ones which seem to be on counters in many shops for people to take. I donīt know why I keep taking them, itīs not as if I need them.
its called squirrelling clumsy!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2015, 10:20 PM

what's the different feelings between kindling and book reading??
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ooh, you clever old stick maursey, they're smashing.
Thanks Mups.

I find reading from a kindle a lot better as some books are quite heavy to hold, especially at bedtime where as a kindle is so much easier.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 07:30 AM

And you don't have to have the light on.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 08:13 AM

Proper bookmarks slip out of the book, so I always use a paperclip. They're ideal, and don't mark the pages. I use big ones. Paperclips that is, not pages ...........
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2015, 10:30 AM

I tend to drop asleep in bed when reading, after 10 minutes inactivity a kindle goes into sleep mode and saves my place, a book if you let go it will fall or close and lose my place

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top